Chapter 14

— Will the bright day comes if I keep my faith on it and stands strong?

————————

Jimin's POV

My eyes fluttered open and I looked around. It was darker than before I fell asleep. I glanced at the clock and saw that it was 6.30 pm already. I gasped. Did I sleep that long? That must be because I'm exhausted.

I sat up and rubbed my eyes before standing up. I walked to the kitchen and drank some water to freshen up my dry throat. I walked back to the front, heading to Lee's room. I knocked on the door and twisted the doorknob open to peak in.

I saw her still laying on the bed, sleeping. I opened the door slowly before entering her room. I headed to the bed and sat beside her as she was still sleeping peacefully.

"Lee, wake up. It's 6.30 pm now" I shook her body to wake her up.

She isn't moving eventhough I have shook her body a little hard. I got up to switch on the light before went back to her.

"Lee, wake up now" I shook her body but still the same.

I shook her body harder than before but she still doesn't open her eyes. I shook her body again, started to get panick as she still didn't move. Her hand that was hugging the doll suddenly fall at the edge of the bed.

My eyes widened at the sight of it and I quickly checked her condition. Her body temperature was slightly high and her breathing was uneven.

"Oh god, Lee!" I shrieked in horror.

I quickly got up and looked for my phone. As I found it at the living room, I quickly dialled the emergency number. After a few rings, the line was picked up.

Emergency line: Hello, this is the emergency line. What can we help you?
Me: Hello! Please send an ambulance to *address* as soon as possible. My friend is unconscious right now and her temperature is high and the breathing is uneven. Please come here fast!
Emergency line: Okay. The ambulance will come right away.

((A/N: I don't know how talking to the emergency line exactly is so I just make it up))

I hung up the phone call and quickly dialled Mr Lee's number to inform him about the problem right now. After a few rings, he picked up the call.

Me: Hello, Mr Lee. This is Jimin.
Mr Lee: Oh, yes Jimin? Why are you calling?
Me: It's about Lee. She's unconscious right now. I don't know since when and why.
Mr Lee: Have you called the ambulance?
Me: Yes. They'll be here anytime.
Mr Lee: Okay then. I'll tell my wife about this. Tell me which hospital they bring her later.
Me: Okay, Mr Lee. I will.

I hung up the phone and quickly went back to her. She looked so peaceful while sleeping but heck her body temperature is high and her breathing is unstable. I ruffled my hair in frustration as I sat beside the bed on my knees.

I held her warm hand with mine as my eyes started to het teary.

"Hang in there, Lee. The ambulance is on their way" I said to her, heart wrecking.

I stared onto her pale face in sadness and wiped away the sweat that formed on her forehead. There is no such movement from her which makes me so worried.

I don't know for how long she has been like this. I feel so bad for falling asleep all the time when she has become like this. I shouldn't have slept. It is my fault if something happen to her.

*DING DONG*

The door rang and I quickly ran to the front. I opened the door immediately and told them to get in. They brought the stretcher with them and I brought them to her room. They picked her up and put her on the stretcher before pushing her out.