LV 16 (TW Homophobia)

Soon afterwards both reach the building where the manager lives. It's in one of the richer parts of the city. Yoongi earns enough to be able to afford it.

The young men park and get out of their cars. Jimin walks over to Yoongi and smiles at him. "I've always wondered where you live."

This sentence brings astonishment to Yoongi's face. Why would Jimin want to know? He tries to ignore this question for the time being and nods. "Yes, there are advantages to managing a world star. Let's go in, it's already late."

Jimin follows him into the building. They take the lift and reach the floor within a minute. The walls of the corridor are painted blue. At regular intervals there are pictures that are perfectly color-coordinated. The question of the cost of an apartment here is on his tongue, but Jimin holds it back.

"Here it is." Yoongi stops in front of a door and opens it with a card. "Welcome to my little kingdom."

The bodyguard had imagined the older man's apartment to be completely different. It's minimalistic but still very impressive. Instead of the expected expensive furniture, Yoongi owns a very comfortable looking couch, a glass table, a large flat screen TV hanging on the wall and a bookcase. Plus, and that was to be expected, he has a few awards hanging right next to it. Yoongi writes songs that have become very successful.

"Woah, it looks really great here. When I saw where you live, I thought you had super expensive furniture and some useless but also expensive stuff everywhere." Jimin chuckles at the thought. Granted, that wouldn't have been Yoongi's style anyway.

"I'm rarely here. For me it was more important to keep it comfortable. I want to relax when I get home." He points to his bedroom. "In here I have a bodyfriend massage chair in which I mostly fall asleep. Jeongguk travels a lot, as you yourself know only too well." Yoongi sits down on the couch and watches as his crush is taking a seat next to him.

"Yes, I do and we're always by his side." Jimin puts both hands in his lap. Even if he doesn't seem nervous on the outside, he definitely is on the inside.

"Are you hungry or thirsty? Oh God, I'm a bad host." After a few minutes of silence, or seconds, Yoongi breaks the awkward mood. He can't let Jimin feel uncomfortable, has to make a good impression on him.

"I'm not hungry, but water would be really great." The bodyguard bites his full, sensual and soft looking lower lip. His mouth is dry, his palms a little damp.

Yoongi gets up from the couch and goes to the open kitchen. The refrigerator is full of bottles of water and also contains two bottles of soju. He's considering taking one for himself so that he can loosen up a little. But for now decides against it. He returns with two of the water bottles and hands one to the younger. "I hope it's not too cold. I like it that way."

Jimin thanks him and takes a swig. It's really cold but very refreshing. Okay, but what now?

"We should turn on the TV. They have a report on Jeongguk and Taehyung and I really want to watch it." Yoongi takes the remote control and presses the green button. Shortly afterwards, a newscaster appears who announces that it will continue after a short advertising break. "Just in time." He puts the remote control back on the table and touches the other's leg with his own.

Jimin doesn't seem to mind or he didn't notice. Yoongi leans back without moving his leg. He can feel the warmth, hoping that he himself isn't too warm to make it uncomfortable.

"Are you okay? You suddenly got so stiff." Jimin puts his hand on Yoongi's knee and gives him a worried look.

Yoongi tries to control his breathing, tries to hold his gaze and not to look at his knee where the delicate hand is. "I'm fine, just very nervous about what the news is saying about our boys. I hope the public doesn't have a problem with them." He would pat himself proudly on the back if he could. Yoongi has no clue how he could come up with an excuse so quickly. Of course he's really nervous about the couple, but that's not the reason why he almost stopped breathing all of a sudden.

"Don't worry, hyung. There'll always be someone who's against the lgbtq community, but I'm sure there are more people who either don't care or who support them." Jimin begins to massage the knee lightly, trying to calm the older down. However, this has exactly the opposite effect.

Yoongi takes a pillow and places it on his lap, just in case his body reacts to it. "I hope you're right. Oh, here we go!" He is relieved that the attention is now completely focused on the screen.

"A few days ago, BigHit Entertainment published the news that Jeon Jeongguk and Kim Taehyung got married. It was originally an action to introduce Mister Kim to the world, but it turned out to be a real wedding. We want to know how the citizens of Seoul think about it. It's not legal in Korea to get married as a same-sex couple, but they seem to have found a way. Many like-minded couples are hoping that this may change soon."

After the woman had said this, a reporter appeared on the screen with a microphone in his hand. Next to him is a young woman, no older than eighteen. "What's your personal opinion on the idol and his husband?"

She seems visibly nervous but answers him after a moment's hesitation. "I'm a supporter of the lqbtq community and I'm glad that someone who's a public person is now bringing more attention to this. It's time to be more open and to declare war on narrow-mindedness."

The reporter nods and is about to bring the microphone to his mouth when the young woman takes it back and looks straight into the camera. "Shin, I love you. Do you want to be my girlfriend?" She giggles, still visibly nervous but also relieved. In front of a million audience she not only confessed her love but also officially came out at the same time.

Seconds later the news lady can be seen with a smile on her face. "Well, that was unexpected but we hope Shin will say yes." She looks at the monitor announcing what to do next. "We'll switch back to Reporter Lee because he has someone in front of the camera again."

"Thank you Kim Misun. Next to me is Mister Go, he also has an opinion on the topic." The reporter holds the microphone in front of the older man's face and waits.

"I don't think it's good that two men get married. It's written in the Bible that a man and a woman belong together. Two men or two women cannot have children, that's against nature. Would be one of my favorite singers confess to being gay or lesbian, I would stop listening to their music." He nods when he has nothing more to say.

The reporter thanks the man for the interview and with a smile gives back to the news lady.

"As you can see, there're also dissenting voices." Kim Misun then announced another break.

Yoongi hadn't said anything during the interviews, but nothing is holding him back anymore. "What a bullshit. We have way too many people on this ball called earth. People like us will save the earth from overpopulation and we could adopt children too if it were allowed. Other countries are already doing this, only Korea stays stubborn. There're so many children waiting for a new home."

"You are gay, hyung?" Jimin had a suspicion but now the other had confirmed it. Yoongi's eyes widen and Jimin thinks that maybe he shouldn't have asked. "I'm sorry, but don't worry about it. I'm also g-" He can't finish his sentence because Yoongi suddenly gets up.

"I have to use the bathroom for a moment. I'll be right back." He takes quick steps towards a door and disappears behind it.

"I'm gay too." Jimin ends the sentence unheard and sighs.

At the same time a married couple was lying in bed and had watched the same news.

"Let's not ruin the mood because of one person who still lives in the past. We can show the world that it's not a sin to be different." Jeongguk puts his arm around Taehyung and feels seconds later the older's lips on his temple.

"It won't be easy, but I really believe that we can make a difference." Taehyung cuddles up to the idol and turns off the television. It doesn't matter what others think of them, all that matters is that they are happy and these people keep their hatred to themselves.