LV 15

"What did he say?" Taehyung doesn't want to be nosey, but Jeongguk looks like he has just received bad news and of course that makes him curious.

"Yoongi talked about our marriage and song. He said that if we get divorced, it won't be possible to get married again. I mean, we can marry others, of course, women but not men. It's still illegal in Korea and it doesn't seem like this is going to change anytime soon." Jeongguk's expression is illegible, he tries to keep a neutral face so that Taehyung doesn't notice how much it burdens him. Even if this marriage wasn't really planned, he doesn't want to get a divorce. In the ex bartender he found someone he could imagine spending his life with.

Even if Jeongguk doesn't reveal his feelings, Taehyung knows how he's feeling, or he hopes he does. He himself has already got used to the idea of being with Jeongguk. The idol is easy to love, it won't be difficult for him to get to this point if he isn't already. Right now it feels like they're already in a phase where one speaks of a crush, even if neither of them likes to admit it.

"Okay, it's easy to me. We're not getting a divorce. I mean, we can still do that if we're sure nothing will develop between us, but it would be stupid to make that decision now and then later we'll regret it. Of course that's just my opinion and nothing is at stake for me. Ultimately, it's your decision, as your career will be at stake if our marriage goes down negatively in the public." Taehyung doesn't want to make that decision, hopes Jeongguk will do it for both of them. He doesn't want to be the reason he's losing his successful idol life, but he makes it clear that he more than agrees to stay married. It would be wrong to lie and pretend he doesn't care.

"Thank you Tae, you don't even know how wonderful you are. Everyone who has you in their life can consider themselves lucky. I'll think about it, but I already know one thing for sure; we won't part for the time being." Without hesitation, he takes the older man in his arms and presses his face to his shoulder. Taehyung smells so good. It's not just the shower gel, there's a warmth that surrounds him, something that smells like trust. It is seldom to feel something like this in his job, as many take advantage of him, but he's different, Jeongguk is sure of that.

Taehyung returns the hug and they sit in that position for a while until the younger has an idea. "Let's go into the living room and watch some TV. I want to enjoy the evening with you without thinking about tomorrow."

Without saying anything, Taehyung breaks away from the hug and gets up from the bed. He reaches out to help Jeongguk up, who accepts it with a smile. They walk into the living room holding hands and, as planned, spend the evening in front of the television.

What Taehyung doesn't know is that Jeongguk has a plan. The idol has long played with the idea of leaving the public life behind and doing something different but in the same field. For him, this is a way to finally get it through if Mister Kim doesn't accept his decision. He loves singing, dancing and writing songs, but who says he can't keep doing it, just not as extreme as it is now. Yoongi mentioned in passing that he would like to set up his own company and together with Hoseok and him, Jeongguk would be able to train the idol's, write songs and support them.

Yoongi also mentioned that he was in contact with Namjoon and Seokjin. Maybe this plan is not so far off to happen. In any case, he is ready to give up everything and start over, hoping Taehyung will join and support him in this journey.

The calm and pleasant atmosphere that surrounds the two of them while they are watching a movie is suddenly interrupted when Jeongguk wrinkles his nose and sniffs the air. "Do you smell that too? It's like there's a rotting egg somewhere." He leans forward to look under the table, but as he does this the smell only gets worse.

Taehyung sits next to him with a red head, he tries so hard to hold back the laughter, but fails and suddenly starts laughing out loud." I'm so sorry!"