Demi's Heartbreak

I had my headphones on. I was kind of preparing my song for the showcase. It's to celebrate me going to a great school like this. Ms. Oh said I can use class hour anytime to prepare for it cause it's a huge deal. I was in my bedroom while the girls hung downstairs with Lexi. I took off my headphones, nodding to the perfect hook in the song. I smiled. I heard crying. I got up and tried to hear. It was coming from the bathroom. I grabbed the knob and opened it. Demi had tears falling from her eyes. "Are you ok Demi?" I asked. She slowly nodded and wiped her eyes. I didn't believe her. "Ok, you gotta spill. I'm your friend. You can tell me anything remember?" I said. She huffed. "It's my ex-boyfriend." She said, her voice a little hoarse. I looked at her confusedly. "You mean Cade?" I asked. She nodded and shed another tear. Demi's been dating this guy named Cade for 4 years. They used to be so happy together. Why Demi's so upset? "What happened?" I asked. She looked at me with dried tears. "Of course we used to be so strong...till we fought over and over again. He would always showing up late. I just can't be with or without him." She told me. Whoa. I can tell it really hurts her. I patted her shoulder. "Demi you're much better than him. You deserve respect and so much more. If he doesn't see that then he's not the one." I told her. She smiled sadly. "What am I gonna do? I have a solo performance today! I'm a wreck right now." She said. I grabbed a tissue and gave it to her. She wiped her face with it. "And wash your face and put on makeup." I added. She looked at me confusedly. "Why?" She asked. I crossed my arms. "Cause you're getting revenge on that son of a bitch!" I growled. We bursted out laughing. She nodded in agreement. "I think I got a better idea." She said, making an evil grin. I smiled. Hope that idea goes good.

In school, at the auditorium everybody was here. Including me and the others. "Where's Demi?" Selena asked. I smiled. "Preparing for a special treat for Cade." I said, sounding disgusted. She nodded. "Yeah, they broke up after 4 years. Really sucks." She said. I saw a familiar brown haired boy. It was Cade! I made a devious smile. That idiot doesn't know what Demi got in store for him. Ms. Oh came on stage. "Class I would like for you to hear my student Demi Lovato!" She said. The crowd cheered loudly. I guess they like Demi cause of her large voice. She came on stage with a band behind her. Her outfit was all rockstar style. Gotta say, Lexi does her craft so well.

"This is a song that's for my ex-boyfriend, Cade. I want you to really listen to the lyrics. I don't think you'll like it though." She said. He was confused. I laughed and gave her a thumbs up. She smiled.

We cheered for her. She waved at Cade, don't care he got embarrassed in front of the whole school. She walked out the stage and hugged me. "Thanks Skye!" She whispered. I smiled and hugged back. All of us congratulated her and we rode back home in the car chatting. I fist bumped Demi. Man, it feels damn good to get back at the jerk! I looked at Lexi. She tried to be happy right now but failed. I looked at her in awe. "What's wrong?" I whispered. She was about to answer till my phone beeped. It was my Dad. I haven't heard from him cause of his business trips. "Dad?" I said. "Sweetie, where are you?!" He said, sounding a little frightened. Why he sound scared? "Um, are you ok Dad?" I asked. "Are you with the others?" He asked. I nodded. "Yes. Why?- I was cut off when the car radio came on. "Hope everybody be safe. There's a hurricane storm coming at 8:30pm tomorrow night! Probably the next dangerous one in history." The speaker said. We looked at each other in complete fear. I'm sure my Dad heard everything. I slowly went back to the phone. "Dad?" I whispered. "Yes? It'll be ok! Just you, Lexi and the others come home! I have a plan for everyone to be safe." He said and hung up. A plan for us to be safe? I just hope whatever it is will work. Justin looked at me and wrapped his arm around me. I tried to smile but I was too scared. I held onto him as we drove back home.