"Hello I'm Skye. Your Daughter."

5 months later...

I stared into the bathroom mirror. My baby bump was growing so much. I smiled. I couldn't believe I was going to be a mom. For 5 months, I stayed with Selena and away from home. I explained everything to Lexi and she also didn't want to live in the house if dad's there. So she got her own apartment. The gang were pretty shocked as well to know he hired some gang to kill them to protect me. Me and Justin were super excited to becoming parents. Last week, we went to the doctors appointment and I saw my baby sonogram. We wasn't ready for him to reveal if it's a boy or girl.

We told the media and everyone was too shocked. Even his beliebers got angry and thank god Justin calmed them down. My Skylenators were being very supportive and said I'll become a great mom. Thinking about that, it made me shed a happy tear. Also, I graduated the arts school and got signed to island records. Thanks to being a hard-working songwriter and performer, I graduated early. Through the ride, I was thinking about my mom. She's still alive but I should go and find her. Reconnect with her after 17 years I lost with her. I found a way to contact her and surprisingly, she's residing here. I wonder if she moved here to keep making her dream come true. Only way to find out is to see her face to face. I told Selena I'm leaving and drove to where her house is. Is my heart beating or is it the baby? I guess I'm nervous. The last time I saw Mom was when she was passed out drunk in bed. I'm going to see her clean for the first time. I drove to her house. It looked pretty nice. I got out my car and walked up to her doorstep. I took a deep breath and knocked. It opened and revealed a very beautiful woman. She smiled that prettiest smile. It looks like mine's. "Hi. Can I help you?" She said. "Are you Demetria Brooke?" I asked. She nodded. "Well, Demetria McKinney. My ex-husband filed for divorce." She said. "Hello I'm Skye. Your daughter." I said. She stared at me in shock.

******

Later, she let me inside her house. She asked if I wanted a cup of tea but I'm good. We sat on the couch across from each other. She smiled. "How are you?" She asked. "I'm great. You?" I said. "Much better." She said. I smiled a bit. "I've waited a long time for this. I could never get a hold of you cause I was in rehab. But I've always dreamed you be this beautiful, strong woman in front of me." She said. I chuckled. "Beautiful is pretty much spot on." I joked. She laughed. "It's hereditary." She said. I cleared my throat. "...Mom, the reason why I couldn't get a hold of you is because of dad." I said. She looked at me confusedly. "Dad? What did he do?" She asked. I sighed. "He told me you died the day you went to the hospital. I flat out believed him all my life. He even hired a masked gang to kill my friends cause he thought they were bad influences. Like, turn me to drugs and alcohol and ruin my life. He endangered me and them all cause he wanted to protect me and make sure I don't end up like who you was." I explained. Tears formed in my eyes. I don't know why I'm crying. I guess it's just because the 17 years I lost with her. "It's real stupid for him to do that. I missed everything. Your sweet 16, the chance to see you perform on stage. I watch you perform all the time and I'm very proud of everything you done." She said. Her eyes welled up with tears. "I know everything. I followed you constantly. I know you're pregnant." She said. I sighed. "Are you mad?" I asked. She smirked. "Depends...is the father a jerk?" She said. I chuckled. "Cause I seen Teen Mom and the father is always jerky." She said. I nodded in disagreement. "He's not jerky. He's so good to me. I love him. His name is Justin." I said. She smiled. "He seems like a gentleman. I like him." She said. I chuckled. "Thanks Mom." I said. She huffed. "Did you leave your dad?" She asked. I looked at her. "Cause he called me and said you ran away." She said. I playfully rolled my eyes. "I didn't ran away. Me and Lexi couldn't be in the house with him after lying to us so much. I been crashing in my best friend's apartment." I said. "Are you gonna live with Justin? For the baby?" She asked. I sighed. "Maybe after it's born. We aren't ready to know if it's a boy or a girl." I said. She squealed. "Do you have any photos?" She asked. I laughed. "Yeah." I said, giving her my phone. She scrolled through them.

 She scrolled through them

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

She smiled

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

She smiled. "This is so beautiful!" She said. I smiled. "I know." I said. "What's the third one?" She asked. I chuckled. "I had the baby shower with all my friends and our cousins. Justin's family was there too." I said. She smirked. "What about the grandma?" She asked. I laughed. "His mom Pattie was there too. You would really love her." I said. She nodded. "Anything else?" She asked. I went in my purse and pulled out a picture of baby sonogram. She gasped. "My grand baby!" She said. I laughed. She kissed the photo and put it on her lap. I smiled. It's been 5 months and me and my mom gotten closer. Like we was when I was little. "Do you know when the baby's due?" She asked. I groaned. "Mom, can we please know about the gender first?" I asked. She rolled her eyes. "Make another appointment and ask the doctor. And make sure you send me more pictures of the sonogram!" She said. I laughed. "Ok!" I said. "Did you bring your dad to the shower?" She asked. Unfortunately, I had no choice and he's the grandpa. "I had to. I didn't want to but I can't just not bring him. He's the grandfather. The others kinda looked nervous when he came in. Selena? She was too uncomfortable cause he made one of the criminals shoot her in the arm." I told her. She nodded in understanding. "In my opinion, you shouldn't invited him. Apparently, he's the grandfather so you wouldn't have a choice at all though everything seem tense." She said. I nodded in agreement. "I love you mom." I said. She smiled. "I love you too. I'm so sorry for screwing up back then." She said. I scoffed. "People make mistakes. We live and learn. I already forgave you when you weren't even in the room." I said. We got up and hugged each other. I love my mom so much. But dad? It's gonna take time to even rebuild trust again.