The Water Boy

After the plane, I smelled fresh air of my new house.  California is actually beautiful. The palm trees, the ocean, the sand, big houses. My house looked luxurious too. "This. Is. Sick!" I said, eyeing every single part of the house. Dad laughed. "You like?" He said giving me my suitcase. Like? "I...love it!" I said, hugging him. He laughed again.
"Check out your bedroom!" He said and gave me a fake surprised look.
My eyes widened and I raced with my suitcase up the stairs. I didn't care how heavy it was because I wanted to see my bedroom. I took a deep breath and opened the door. It had such a nice view of outside. I looked at my bed which I couldn't wait to decorate and paint the walls. I smiled at myself. Bet I knew I was gonna like it here. As soon as I was about to flunk on the bed, somebody's arm pulled me. I saw none other than my cousin Lexi. "Hey! How's my sunny Skye doing?" She asked. She hugged me tightly.
I huffed. "How are you here? Did you sneak on the plane?" I asked. She crossed her arms in disagreement. "Uh no I live here." She said. I mouthed oh lord to myself. "Heard that." She mumbled. I groaned. "Whatever." I said. She stuck her tongue at me. "You never told me you live in this...beautiful place." I said. She laughed. "Yup! This very gorgeous place. Long time ago I moved here with my Dad." She explained. Ugh I can't stand her Dad-my uncle. He cares only for himself.
"So he told me you guys were moving here after...what happened to you know who. I got excited and I wanted to show you around. Even the school you'll be going with me!" She said and squealed. Great. Going to a new school with Lexi.
"Awesome." I said sarcastically.
"I think I'll just go for a jog today. Exercise." I said. "Ok! Tomorrow everyone's gonna know the new girl in town!" She said and walked out. Everyone noticing me? Never thought about it that way. I closed my door and unpacked my things and got dressed.
I said bye to Dad and Lexi. I walked outside. The sun was shining through the trees and everywhere. Again it was so pretty. I sighed and started jogging.
As I jogged, some people said good morning to me which was nice. People here must be so nice. I ran to catch the water fountain but some boy caught up to it too. I looked at him.
His eyes looked brown and his hair was too.
He's actually pretty cute. Wait...why did I said that? I motioned to let him drink the water first. Then it was my turn. The water was good but not as good as he looked. Why did I said that?
It seemed a little awkward. "Hi." I said awkwardly. "Hey." He said sweetly.
He is so gorgeous it's hard to ignore his face. "Well, bye!" I said and ran past him. I looked back at him. He was still looking at me. 'Nice talking Skye' I thought. I went back to jogging till I made my way back home. Later, I took a shower and prepared myself for bed. I already finished unpacking. It felt like I was back in my old room in Michigan. I couldn't stop thinking about that boy at the fountain. There was something about him. I thought about the new school. I felt myself sleepy and turned sideways. Maybe it won't suck and Lexi will show me around.