Chapter 15

It's been 20 minutes since Rachel fainted and my brother and Harry punched Adam. The ambulance came and took Rachel, who was still passed out, to the hospital. Meanwhile, the police had come and were asking questions about the fight and asking people to please leave. After two cops were done interrogating Harry, I ran to his embrace and hugged him. I thought I had ran out of tears but that proved to be a lie as soon as he held me. He shushed me and played with my hair as I silently cried, probably smearing mascara all over his nice shirt but he didn't pull away.

"Harry, I was so scared" my voice broke as I confessed the terror that I felt being trapped in that room with Adam confessing his love for me.

"I know baby, you're okay now" he cooed and swayed us back and forth. "I won't ever let him hurt you again" he says so lowly I think I wasn't meant to hear it but it only makes me feel safer.

I pull back, knowing that even if I felt horrible about all this Rachel and her family must feel worse. This is not the time to have self pity, I tell myself.

"We have to find out where Rachel is" I wipe my tears and Harry nods, following me outside to the backyard were some employees were already taking down the decorations. Thankfully the police did an amazing job at making people who wanted to see the whole 'show' leave so it was only my family here. My mother stood there along with dad, ordering for things to be moved carefully, Charlie no where to be found.

"Mom, do you know which hospital they're taking Rachel to? I need to see her" my voice coming out shaky from crying. She looks at me like I have two heads and begins to cackle. I furrow my eyebrows, frustrated that she didn't give me an answer and also confused as to what amuses her about all of this. This woman is something else.

"See her? You just ruined her wedding for Christ's sake!" My mother yells. I flinch back, not expecting her to snap at me as if this were my fault.

"Me? I did nothing wrong! It's not my fault Adam decides last minute to catch me by surprise and admit he still has feelings for me" I scream back, the anger that has been bottled up from the last couple of days finally exploding.

Mom doesn't look surprised at my tone at all, she just rolls her eyes.

"Don't act so innocent, you were probably living your fantasy in that moment. God knows you brought your boy toy to get to him!" Mother spits and my face turns redder than a volcano but it is not because of embarrassment, as usual, but rage.

Yes, at first that's why I invited him but how dare she talk about him like that? And how dare she accuse me of having part in Adam ruining his own marriage? I didn't ask for him to do this and I certainly did not want it.

"Do not dare to talk about him like that!" I full on scream, some spit probably coming out from my mouth and on her face. Harry comes from behind and pulls me back, holding me from doing something I will take back.

"What has gotten into you Amelia? You were not like this!" She gasps looking me up and down in disgust. Dad just stands there looking between us, as always not knowing which side to take. His crazy wife who mistreats his kids or his daughter who is breaking. I huff and fix my hair that was now falling on my face.

"Yeah, because I always tried to be what I thought you wanted me to be but that didn't work out so I guess it doesn't really matter" I shake my head, my voice gets lower with each word. The anger turns to pain and I shut my eyes tightly to avoid her seeing me cry. "I'm just going to leave. Good bye mother" I open my eyes and look at her once before turning around and running inside, Harry hot on my heels. The look on her face before I turned changed, like she just had a realization. She blinked a couple of times and was about to open her mouth to say something but I was not going to give her another minute of my time.