4. Chapter - Disgust

Everything was ruined

Everything was ruined. My dreams, my future, my entire life. Everything. And the one who was responsible for it was fucking everywhere! Everywhere I looked, he just magically appeared and usurped my full attention. It was driving me crazy. I knew the garden wasn't the biggest one out there, but it wasn't small either, so I couldn't understand how we could keep on bumping into each other throughout the whole afternoon and evening.

And the situation I was in at the moment was the worst of them all. Was he some kind of a fucking prophet or some shit like that? How else would he be able to find me at this place, when I was just about to fuck the faceless female in front of me?

Dammit! It was as if fate didn't want me to do it, and just the thought made me mad. I was saving myself for my mate my entire life, impatient with each year she didn't appear. And when I finally found them, it turned out it was a human guy?

I wasn't sure if I should laugh or cry.

Thinking about it, the only reason why we kept on meeting each other was probably the mating bond creating itself and evolving. The bonding of two souls was a complicated process of changes in our bodies, spiked with magic, and I was really suspicious the magic part was responsible for this problem. Normally, it would help a lot. There were cases in the past where two enemies ended up being mates, and magic helped them and their relatives a lot to overcome the struggles of reality. But it was a completely different matter in my case. There was no way our souls could connect the same way as two supernatural souls. It didn't make any sense.

I growled, turning to look at him, my eyebrows wrinkling the moment I noticed he was not alone. Seeing his arm linked with another man's made me feel all kinds of ugly emotions, which was fucking disgusting and extremely disturbing. I was not gay. I couldn't even imagine touching him in a sexual way.

"Why are you everywhere?!" I couldn't stop my mouth from speaking up, my tone of voice much harsher than expected.

I didn't want to be unnecessarily evil towards him, but I couldn't help myself. I didn't want to be near him. He would get under my skin and that was something I wanted to avoid at all costs. Besides the obvious he-is-a-human problem, I didn't want a male mate. I wasn't attracted to guys, and I didn't want to change that. This was just one huge mistake, and I had to make sure to fix it.

I would fix it.

"What's your problem? We were just walking around. It's not our fault you can't find a private place to fuck each other." The guy next to my mate spoke up, looking weirdly angry.

"Don't sweat it, George. He seems like one of those all-time-angry individuals, so it's probably not personal. That's just his character. Let's get out of here. I'm tired. I'll go check on Eileen and probably go. There's nothing more I can do around here anyways." My so-called-mate said, not sparing me a glance. He was looking everywhere but me, and it was driving me crazy. Which was driving me crazy on its own because I didn't want to feel like I needed him. God, this was a mess.