Twenty

AN: so wattpad has deleted three chapters from various fics, some I was really excited to put out and some I was really proud of. They had multiple chapters that were almost three thousand words long...so there's that. I had this chapter planned and it got deleted as well. Hope this problem gets fixed soon.

As we drove, I got extra bored. I finished most of my books, and half of my coloring books. But all of my markers ran out of ink and my colored pencils are down to stubs.

I'm on a break for school, because I've been so stressed out I literally cried anytime I logged into class.

That, and it's a new semester, I get a week of mental health days every semester. And I need it now.

But now that I'm not doing anything, I'm bored. I've finished Chefs Table on Netflix, I even watched old performances of Panic.

Right now I'm painting Zack's nails.

I'm giving him a whole manicure.

We were the first two up, we don't really get to talk a lot. And he's a really cool person, despite looking like he could snap me in half.

"How's your break going?" He asked.

"It's okay. I'm really bored though. I've finished almost all of my books, my markers for my coloring books are out of ink and my colored pencils are down to splinters. Plus I'm stuck on this forty five foot aluminum box for hours on end. Is it bad that I could totally build furniture from Ikea right now because that's how bored I am." I said.

"Well, I think Kala would appreciate you taking care of my hands. She always yells at me to take care of them but I never really listen. And, maybe you could pick up a hobby. I know you've drifted away from that whole YouTube thing. Maybe get Brendon or somebody to teach you how to play guitar. Or bass, or drums." Zack said.

"I've got tiny baby hands. I can't reach around the neck of a guitar to save my life." I chuckled.

"Well, what about violin or something? Brendon's been wanting more strings for shows."

"I'd like to try. I used to play violin, and I loved it. But it got too small for me and I was too shy to ask for another. A really nice one is just under a thousand dollars." I said.

And guess who's birthday it is later this week. Mine.

"And before you get any or give any ideas, I will hurt you." I said.

He chuckled, and we continued talking about random stuff.

"Is Kala coming out to visit soon?" I asked.

"I actually don't know. Probably though." He said.

I was fanning off his hands, he graciously let me paint his nails.

When it was my birthday however, we all went out to a nice restaurant. A really nice restaurant. Nice restaurants make me slightly uncomfortable. Just because there are certain rules and guidelines you have to follow. And my family isn't responsible enough to follow through with those rules and guidelines.

So, as I got ready, the guys were blasting music.

I put my makeup on, did my hair and all of that. Then it was time to put my dress on. I had it hanging in the bathroom while Spencer was showering so it would steam and dewrinkle itself.

I put it on, and adjusted it a little bit. As I walked out, I put on a pair of four inch heels.

"Aww you look so pretty!" Ryan cooed.

"Thanks dad." I said.

Since I'm the one with the bag, everyone hands me their stuff. Phones, wallets, keys. Glasses if they need them.

We all got into separate Uber's and got to this nice restaurant.

And oh fuck.

Ryan and Brendon both got through a bottle of wine within thirty minutes of us being there.

Spencer can't drink, so he and I went through a pitcher of iced tea.

Zack and Jon are both nursing their own glass of whiskey.

And various crew members are all having sodas, as we have a show tomorrow and aren't up to feeling hungover to run a show.

"If you dare tell any of the servers it's my birthday I will hold a grudge against you for so long." I said.

Too late. Towards the end of the night, I heard rhythmic clapping. And a birthday song.

"Who told?" I said through my teeth.

Brendon sheepishly raised his hand.

I ended up not talking to him for the rest of the night.

"Bren. She told you she didn't want anybody to say it was her birthday." I heard Ryan say softly.

"But it's her first birthday with us."

"Maybe she doesn't like to make a big deal out of her birthday." Ryan said again.

I was talking with Dan, Spencer's drum tech, about giving me drum lessons so I can do sound check before actual sound check.

"Yeah totally, I'll just have to set up early but that gives me time to do other stuff." Dan said.

After talking a bit more, I felt somebody tap my shoulder.

I turned and looked up.

"Hey birthday girl!"

"Alex! Jack!" I said, standing up to hug them.

"Did you magically get taller? Or have I shrunk?" Alex asked, because I'm now standing up to just under his shoulder.

"I grew six inches, and I'm wearing heels." I smiled, pulling away from him and pulling Jack into a hug.

"Here, I got you something." Alex said.

"You didn't have to get me anything." I said.

"Take the damn gift." Alex said.

I pulled away from Jack and took the bag from Alex.

Standard, merch, CDs.

"Thanks guys." I said.

They sat down, they ate my dessert, as I didn't want it.

We were there for just about two hours, but our waitress got tipped about two hundred dollars that night, as everyone put at least a twenty under their plate.

"Hey, could we maybe stack them up so it's not as hard for her to gather later?" I asked.

I didn't even wait for responses, I just started putting cutlery in cups, stacking bowls, small plates, and big plates at the end of the table. I gathered everyone's money and folded it in half before sticking it under a small stack of salad bowls.

"Actually. You and I are walking to the bus." Brendon said when we got outside.

"Okay." I said quietly.

It was maybe a fifteen to twenty minute walk.

"I'm really sorry. I shouldn't have and I did." Brendon said after five minutes of silent walking.

"I accept the apology. Just for future references. Never do that again." I replied.

"Note taken." He smiled.

"These bitches are stupid. I still have their phones." I said.

"Selfie session?"

"Hell Yeah."