chapter sixteen

WARNING: this chapter contains mentions of anorexia, child abuse, and intentional starvation

If you are triggered by any of these, just skip the chapter, it's just a filler anyways.

"Dee. I'm serious, you need to get started on your school work before we get to the venue." Ryan said.

"What do you think I'm doing now?" I asked.

"Not doing your work. You've got your laptop out, but I see no writing, no pens. Nothing." Ryan scolded.

"Okay. And? I have no idea what I'm doing, I'm waiting for my teacher to email me back but she's being a twat and telling me to figure it out by myself. So, if I fail this class it's not because of me it's because of her." I replied.

"Maybe somebody on the bus is somewhat decent at math. I know my ass graduated high school with a D in math." He said.

So, I sent a text to the bus group chat.

To The Wheels On The Bus

Deanna 👌🏻👌🏻: is anybody on this bus good at math, ya girl is STRUGGLING

Spencer🥁: nah, sorry

Brendon🎤🎸: LMAO NOPE

Jon🎸: sorry, I'll help with LITERALLY ANYTHING ELSE

Zack☁️: bring it here and I'll see what I can do

Deanna👌🏻👌🏻: where are you?

Zack☁️: back lounge

I grabbed my laptop and went to go get Zack.

"What is it that you're doing?" He asked.

"Umm. Rational equations." I replied, turning the laptop so he could see.

"Oh shit. Do you have pencil and paper?" He asked.

"Yeah." I replied and went to the junk bunk I shared with dads.

I pulled my backpack out from under the sea of miscellaneous items.

I brought it to Zack and sifted through it, trying to find my math note book.

I found it, flipped to a fresh page and handed him a pencil.

He quietly worked out the problem, and then explained how he did it.

"Make sense? Sort of?" He asked.

"Ish. It would be great if my actual teacher would help me instead of saying 'you should have payed attention' and 'figure it out yourself' fucking twat." I said, muttering the last part.

"Hey. Watch your mouth." I heard Brendon yell.

"I've heard you say worse!" I yelled back.

Zack helped me for another half hour, before my teacher finally emailed me back.

'Miss Urie-Ross. I appreciate the fact that you'll ask for help when you need it, but I'll not be able to answer emails all the time so you really need to learn how to do it yourself. Regards, Mrs. Lee'

"Are you fucking shitting me. Ryan!" I yelled.

"What's up?" He asked, walking into the lounge.

I turned my laptop around and held it up.

When he read the email, he scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"Brendon!" He yelled.

We got the same response from Brendon.