Chapter 12

AN - In apology for the mess up i made yesterday, here is another chapter! Enjoy! (this one is meant to be here!) :-) 

Chapter 12

Aonghus took a moment for her words to sink into his mind. Yet the instant he inhaled, he registered exactly what she was saying, and with an exclamation his mother would have boxed his ears for saying before a woman, he scrambled backwards and tried to save the charred meat from being cremated completely. Pulling the spit from its makeshift shelf, it ended up rolling in the dirt and grass beside the fire pit, as he dropped it when a splash of spitting meat hit his flesh when he had not expected it. Looking upon his spoils with utter dismay, he knew he had nothing substantial to give her to help her at that moment. Knew he would have to leave her alone and vulnerable to hunt once more. He felt the stinging behind his eyes, knew if he did not act the male he was he would end up bawling like a bairn. Over some burnt meat, he was turning into a woman, and that was saying something with the strong woman who was so silent behind him.

When he finally managed to turn, knowing he would finally not make a fool of himself. Only to see the wily female behind him, sat there silently rocking, her shoulders shaking violently. Her plump bottom lip pulled between her tiny, perfect white teeth. As his eyes met hers, she had a moment of shame at her actions, only for her mirth to overtake her once more, and before he knew it he was watching as she let her head fall back, her golden hair cascading and pooling beneath her upon the ground, and the tinkling sound of her mirth surrounded him in a golden halo, practically as visible as her hair. He could not stop the smile that spread slowly across her face, knowing that she was a light that had been missing in the darkness of his life, a shadow he had not known existed pushed back by her mere presence.

“You think losing our meal to the worms is funny?” He raised an eyebrow, trying to look stern. But he was losing the battle, as her mirth was infectious. His lip twitched, and he sighed heavily as if giving up any hope of bringing her in line. As he did so, she went ton silent chuckles that still heaved her shoulders, only as her eyes danced in his direction, she could never had predicted his next actions. Even he did not know what he was going to do next, until his body reacted beyond his mental control. Launching himself forwards, careful of her ankle, he took her down to the soft mossy ground beneath her. His hands on either side of her shoulders, as she stared up at him wide eyed. He pushed himself up from her, but kept her caged beneath him. His voice dipped to a husky whisper. His eyes boring into hers, as they widened and shone under his gaze. Her breath coming in heaving gasps.

“You do not seem to find it so amusing anymore.” Leaning down, he swapped his hands for his elbows and forearms against the cool ground. Bringing his face so close to hers, barely a breath between them, and yet a gulf separated them. He held still, needing her to breach that gap. He could not take it if she did not, but needed to know she needed him as much as he needed her at this point. A certain part of him, which he had never had an issue with before around a beautiful woman, was standing to attention and wanting in on the action he was creating. As a throbbing began below his waist, a pain which wanted to steal his mind from his focus, he missed the change in her expression, and was almost taken by surprise as her arms surged around his neck, and her lips came upon his in a clash of teeth and tongue. It was not refined. It was not pretty. It was raw, and passionate, and a heat built between them that became unbearable.