Chapter 14

I walked down the street towards the bridal shop to start planning our wedding. Joe and I were supposed to go together tomorrow but I wanted a head start. I walked in the store and there were 3 ladies behind the counter working. And there was about 5 other people in the store besides me. I look at a few of the invitation choices, then wandered over to the decor wall.

"Hi, may I help you with something?" the blonde plump woman asked.

" Well yes i wanted to start my wedding planning." I said.

"Perfect, why don't you come over here and we can get started with the big things."

"Do you have any ideas where your wedding will take place?" she asked taking out a note pad and pencil.

"Me and my fiance haven't completely agreed but i was thinking in burr oak woods, in the gazebo on arrowhead lake." i said

"How many people would you estimate would be attending?" she asked.

" Well it will be relatively small id say about 95-120." i said looking at the wall behind her of all the couples sending them there wedding picture.

"We havent agreed on a date either so if you coulf hold onto this until tomorrow morning when we both can come that would be great." i said with a smile.

"OK have a wonderful day!" she said as  i walked out the door.

I walked back down the street and up the stairs to our condo. I twisted the key in the lock and opened the door, Bosco came and greeted me. I decided to look at dresses online for awhile first and then find a store that had it nearby. I called up Sydney to see what she had in mind and to tell her about all that has happened in the past few weeks.

"Hey Sam, how have you been?" syd asked

"Really good actually, I am planning my wedding and wanted to know if you wanted to go dress shopping tomorrow?" i asked

"Yeah that would be awesome!" she exclaimed.

We kept talking for a few minutes before i told her i had to go take Bosco out. We walked down main street past businesses and offices. I walked to the firehouse and Joe's two coworkers greeted me. They yelled for Joe in the back, he seemed agitated and once he saw it was me he flashed a white smile.

"Hey, what brings you here?" he asked hugging me.

"Just taking Bosco on a long walk." i said

"OK, well perfect timing i have something for you." he said covering my eyes and giving Bosco to Paul.

He took me to the back of the station and then onto a side street.

"Just a few more steps.....stop, you can open them." he said letting my face go.

I opened them. I stared at a tungsten metallic Chevy traverse, with a huge red bow on it.

"What do you think?" he asked.

"WA.....its amazing! Where did you get the money for the car?' i asked

"It doesn't matter, as long as you don't have to walk anymore. Go take it out!" he said

I got in the drivers seat and Joe in the passenger side. Bosco went in the back with windows down.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

20 minutes later..

"Wow thank you so much!" i said kissing him parked in front of the firehouse.

"no problem, now go home and i will see you for dinner." he said kissing me and getting ot of the car.

I waved goodbye and drove towards home. What should i get him? He got me a ring and a car. He did say that he wants to move soooo...

I turned into the parking garage and parked my new car in the spot nexto where Joe usually parks. I did some house hunting and found a house down the street from Garrett's house. Joe was being transferred to Michigan for some promotional thing. I decided on making dinner around 5. I made a roast and potatoes and some green beans.

Joe comes through the door........

"Wow smells great!" he said holding me around the waist kissing me and then i put some meat in his mouth.

"I'm going to change then we eat this." he said running into our room with Bosco prancing behind.

---------------------------------------------------------

"Wow, that was good!" he said sitting back to work on his beer.

"You still know about the wedding planning tomorrow right?" i asked to make sure that he took off work.

"Yes i do Sam." he said getting another beer from the fridge.

"Sam?" i said

"Yeah, that's your name." he said."Is that OK that we don't call you Ali anymore."

"Yeah i was just shocked you called me that and I'm glad i don't need to hide behind a name that isn't mine anymore." i said smiling.

"So i was thinking that we have the wedding at that gazebo we went to after you proposed to me." i said

"i think that would be per-fect." he said letting a burp go.

i got up and put the beer down the sink.

"Hey, one more!" he said kind of slurred.

"No your done!" i yelled back at him.

He got up and grabbed me and started to kiss me roughly.

"Get off Joe!" i yelled elbowing him and going to our room to change.

i put my shirt on and walked out just to see Joe punch the wall.

"Mother F*!" joe yelled holing his hand and lying down on the couch.

i picked up the rest of the stuff from dinner and went to our room to go to bed.

****************************************************

I walked out the door in a daze. i remember the wood on the floor and the passing doors. i went for the big red shiny letters that said stairs. I took a step and fell. It felt like i was in a dream..... until my face and the rest of my body hit each stair with a sharp pain and then i layed across the concrete floor at the bottom. i soon heard a scream ...... It wasn't Sam but it was a woman and i don't know where Sam is, heck i don't even know where i am!