Chapter 6

Thanks to all my fans for getting me over 100 reads (142) and hopefully commenting and voting!!!!

luv you all. Bubbamyboy <3

-------------------------------------------- 

"the evidence shows that he is the one that killed your sister and your parents.

"we need to go, thanks for all your help Sean." I said as I got up and grabbed Joe's hand. He wiggled out of my grasp and I kept going regardless.

"hey joe?" asked Sean.

"yeah?" Joe said turning around to face him.

"protect her, he won't stop until she is dead. He has killed over 20 families, if u go after him call me first, don't go alone." he said handing Joe a bag." don't open this until you are alone with her."

"yes sir." joe said shook hands and walked to me in the hallway were I stood with my back on the wall.

"what's the rush to leave?" he asked me.

"I know my uncle, he knows me a little too well. He knows what I have been doing. He knows about you." I said in a whisper.

"how?" he said putting his hand on my elbows and moved in closer.

"I talked to him the other night...! I'm sorry I didn't know I..." I said trailing off and staring into his eyes.

"I want to let you know that when you are with me you are safe." he said " I will risk... I will take a bullet for you"

That caught my heart and I cupped his face and I planted one on him. The hallway was quiet and the lights around us lit up brightly.

"I love the way you do that." he said and kissed me back.

We walked down the hall and out the main door.

"we need to leave." I said to him once we were outside.

"like another state?" he asked looking at me and starting the engine.

"I guess, we can't stay in one place for to long, he will be able to find us easier that way.

"not that bad of an idea, let's do it." he said

He gave me a reassuring look and then turned onto the highway.we drove home in silence and before we knew it we were going down our street and entering the driveway to the underground parking garage.

"what if he calls me again, what do I say?" I asked as he pressed the remote for the garage.

"I am not sure... if he does you should keep him talking long enough so that Sean can trace the call." he said as we got out of the car.

"I'm sorry I just don't want him to hurt you, Joe." I said wide eyed as we walked into the elevator.

"don't worry we will be fine I promise." he said holding me around the hip and kissing my forehead. 

I nodded and walked into the apartment behind him. I closed the door and then locked it getting some sense of relief. Joe started dinner and I went to my room to pack a bag and then I packed a bag for Joe as well. We ate quietly and quickly. We ate chicken and peas, he is a great no scratch that an amazing cook.

--------------------------

It was about 9pm and that's when me and joe locked the apartment and got in his car.

"you ready?" he asked gripping my hand.

"as I will ever be." I said sighing and squeezing his hand back.

We didn't know where we were actually going to go but, as long as we were safe I would go anywhere. We drove from Orland park to the border of Indiana. On the way I called my new job and left them a message for me to start next week. Joe had the next few days off so he didn't have to worry.

------------------------- 

1 hour later

We pulled in at a garden inn and decided to rest for the night.

"Joe?" I asked once we got in and turned all the lights on.

"what are you going to do when he finds us?" I asked as he looked at me.

"I can't tell you but I can show you." he said pulling out a bag that I didn't pack and placed it on the bed.

I sat nexto him on the bed as he unzipped the bag.

"you sure that you want to know?" he asked.

I nodded. He pulled out a 34 caliber .

"were the he'll did you get that?" I asked as he half it out to me. I then checked, it was loaded.

"Sean gave me all this stuff." he said pulling out a black handled knife that reminded me of the one in my dream. " actually Sean is outside in an unmarked cop car."

"I don't think we should have that here." I said pointing at the knife as it shone in the light of the inn.

"why...?" he asked

"that looks like the same knife that killed you in my dream at the hospital." I told him as he put the gun and the knife in the bag.

We stayed up and talked for about an hour, then changed and went to bed. I am not sure what I dreamed about but I guess that's a good thing. I mean I guess it could be worse, right? My court date was less than a month away and this would determine whether I stay on parole or I go back to jail. Most of my case is being relied on Sean right now and us finding my uncle and bringing him to justice.

------------------------------- 

Wednesday -------------

We woke up around 9 and drove into Michigan. We stopped at a small diner to eat some breakfast. Sean waited outside like he always did as we ordered. We talked about the randomest things, kind of like I am doing now to fill this page. Well the best part has yet to come. I was looking around and focused my attention to the peaking lot and as a car pulled up. A man stepped out of the drivers seat and closed the door and made his way to the door. It opened with a bell and I stared as he took a seat at the counter. You, the readers probably predicted this already. My uncle had found us.