Chapter 3

The next morning Joe's alarm clock did not go off and we both slept until 9. It felt good, he kept me warm and feeling safe. We both got up and changed, I wore a tight purple v-neck with skinny jeans and brown boots that came up to the knee. Joe got us both coffees and we waited outside the apple grill for Sydney.

"so how did you meet Sydney?" he asked

"in jail, she was there two years before me." I explained.

"oh, how's your ear?" he asked as he reached out to brush my hair back to examine my ear. "it looks a lot better." he said letting my hair fall back onto my cheek.

Then he leaned in and kissed me, I swear our tongues touched. It made me all giddy inside. He took his lips back and then sipped his coffee. The sent of the vanilla from our coffees filled the air around us. I turned around to see Sydney coming around the corner. She was in heels, a black mini skirt, and a tight rd top that showed a ton of cleavage. I knew Joe was enjoying this so I nudged him in the chest playfully and he began to snicker.

"hey!" I said cheerfully as she approached us.

"hi, do you think this is too much?" she asked with pride and gesturing to herself.

"No....... You could definitely convince a cop, you've already got Joe." I said pointing to him. We all laughed as we got into Joe's car.

Sydney sat in the back while I sat up front with Joe.

"it's going to take about 20 minutes without traffic" Joe said to us as he turned onto the highway.

We sat in silence most of the way and all I heard was the typing of bottons on Sydney's phone and her popping a bubble from her gum. Pop......pop......

------------------------------------------------------------ 

* 1 hour later *

We pulled into the police station parking lot and parked. We all got out and Sydney made her way through the automatic doors as Joe stopped me.

"hey" joe said holding my arm and pulling me back behind Sydney." no matter what happens here I will always...........love you, protect you and I will make sure that you are out of this mess." he said choosing his words carefully, but saying them with passion.

"thanks, you words can't describe what you did for me already. I couldn't ask for anything more." I said pecking him on the cheek, my lips brushing his soft skin.

We caught up with Sydney and she didn't ask me anything so I guess you could say she could kind of tell it was only going to be between me and him, and hopefully stay that way. The clacking of Sydney's heels on the tile floor made my blood rush and me grip tighter to Joe's hand as we walked to the next available cop behind the long wooden desk. Joe spoke softly to the cop, making me shiver and notice how cold it got in here. Joe could tell I was panicking as he tightened his grip then released, I guess I was restricting the blood flow or something.

"we are here to see detective Sean Gray, about the Desalvo case." said joe as the girl typed on the computer.

She picked up the phone and dialed star 7 and spoke to the person on the other line. 

"this is Anita, you have some people here to see you about a past case, his name is Joe..." 

She said saying thank you and hanging up.

"you can go on up, 2nd floor room 102." she said giving a fake smile and looking toward the stair case. I guess that was her way of telling us to leave.

We began Up the stairs as Sydney went to the elevator. Her mini skirt was really mini and her heels we're like a skyscrapers so if she took one stair she'd be down. Joe laughed, like he could hear my thoughts or something.