Chapter 2

• İtfaf edildi To my parents

The next morning me and Joe woke up to the sound of his alarm clock at 6:00 AM. We both walked

out of our rooms at the same time and he veered left towards me and wrapped me in a hug.

"What's wrong?" I asked as he let me go so he could look at my face.

"You don't remember?" He said in a shocking tone.

" You were screaming and I came in and you were crying. I comforted you and then you fell back asleep." He said looking at me wide eyed.

"Did I tell you what happened? Because I have no clue right now." I told him in the best honest tone I could present at the time.

"No, sorry you didn't." He said."But that doesn't matter let's get something to eat and change your ear gauze." He said and we both walked over to the kitchen as I hoisted myself onto the top of the counter.

He pulled out the 4 gauze he shoved in my ear and it hurt so bad.

"Oww." I said and I winced against the pain.

"Sorry."He said opening a new package of gauze and getting a disinfectant needle out filled with a clear foul smelling liquid, either that or that was my ear that smelled.

He took the needle and put it into my ear and I felt the rush of the cool liquid to into my ear. It burned like a fire eating away at your flesh.

"stop it burns, is it supposed to?" I said pulling away and then feeling liquid leak onto my shoulder and the warmth of the blood come rushing out of my ear from the puncture of the needle.

"no" said Joe "it's probably infected" he said pushing another gauze in my ear and holding it to stop the flow of blood.

"just stay here today and don't go out so your ear won't get any worse. I will come back at lunch time to check on you and change the gauze. Ok?" he asked looking at me after he cleaned up the counter.

"ok, I will just call sydney and tell her I can't come." I said to joe with a bored smile.

"see you later" he said patting my knee and then slipping out the door.

I texted Sydney and told her I could not come and she replied with a frowny face and said maybe another time. I didn't know what I was supposed to do so I found all the cleaning supplies and went to work washing all the sheets, vacuuming, dusting and cleaning the bathroom and kitchen. I loaded the dishwasher and then put the vacuum in the closet. It was 11:30 and Joe should be home soon. So I decided to go in my bag and I then pulled out an orange envelope. In it contained pictures and documents I took and made copies of from the crime scene that my sister died at. I threw it on the desk with the computer on it and went to the kitchen and got an apple. I took a bite and put it to the side while I took out some of the contents in the folder. I hit the mouse and the screen lit up to Joe's Facebook. His profile picture was of him and another woman, they had wedding rings on and big smiles on there faces. He was married?

I scrolled down and saw more pictures I him and his "wife" and then I turned the screen off and sat staring at the now black screen. Why am I here if he has a wife? I tried not to think about it and tried to focus on the pictures and documents I pulls out. I began to read all the statements I made and all the information I was not aloud to know. About 20 minutes later I heard the keys in the door and Joe walked in. He set the bag of food on the table and he began to take off his coat.

"hey, it smells........clean?" he said looking around and then focusing on me.

"yeah, because I cleaned." I said kind of snotty.

"where did you get these?" he asked picking up some I the pictures.

"I copied them, I needed some sort of start to make them believe that I was innocent." I said looking at him.