Chapter 10

• Dedicated to Mushu (Stiles knows why)

We began to make our way into the woods towards the fence surrounding the division. Joe peeked over the top and saw a few cop cars. Then we saw men by bases of trees and in every place surrounding the house we were staying in. We hopped the fence and one of the armed men ran us over to Sean and for some odd reason i hugged him.

"Did you find him?" i asked still holding him.

"um mm he's in the house." Sean said pulling me away to look at my face.

i stepped back and leaned against joe while we all looked at the house.

"Are you going to go in?" i asked turning to Sean.

"Soon, we dont know what he planned or what he has in there with him." he said.

"He wont talk to you." i said facing Sean.

" if you want answers, i need to go in. He will kill himself and others if you do it, he wants to talk to me, well i want to talk to him. Just let me do it." i said looking at both the men.

"Fuck no!" Joe said while Sean went to the back of the car and pulled out his 3 bullet proof vests.

We all put them on.

"its the best shot that we have, Joe. She will be safe, i wont let that bastard harm her in anyway." he said and i noticed Joe relax somewhat.

I kissed him and i hugged him. "ill be careful." i said

" i know you will but its him I'm worried about." he said letting me go and walk towards the front door of the house.

I walked up to the screen door and rang the bell, i heard it echo in the house. The door opened and my uncle peered around the door. His expression changed when he saw my face.

"I am not armed." i said as a tear rolled down my cheek, but i couldn't brush it away fast enough before he noticed and opened the door for me to walk in.

The door clicked behind me and i heard him lock it. we both stood in the family room and he looked at me up and down.

"Do you want something to drink?" he asked.

"Sure." i said barely audible and i thought this was weird because this was basically my house and he was serving me, but i cant complain.

I followed him in to the kitchen and he gave me a glass of water. We both walked out to the sitting area and sat down putting our drinks on the dark cherry wood coffee table.

"I haven't seen you in a long time." he said awkwardly taking a sip of water.

"yeah, i think the last time i saw you was when you gave me Holli." i said

"that's right, she was a great looking dog." he added.

"What do you want to know?" he asked.

"Why you didn't kill me, i would rather be dead than alive with no one." i said looking at him and leaning back into the chair.

"Because your parents lied to me and cheated on me, you, and each other. They just didn't deserve to live." he said

"that's a shit answer. What are you a fucking good council? Why couldn't you just stay out of my life and worry about your own screwed up life?!" i yelled at him and i didn't even realize i was standing up.

I made the use of standing up and went to the library to get the journal that my dad had left.

"do you know what this is?" I said questioningly and held it out for him to see it.

"never seen it before"

"bullshit, my father your brother left it for me to find saying he knew all about this and that everything would be just fine. Well we all know how that worked out!" I said with some edge.

"I am really sorry." he said

"to hell you are, I'm done talking to you." I said and got up with the journal.

"wait..." he said getting up and lifting up the back of his shirt.

It was a gun.

"OK, we can play. Nice no bullets and blood needed." I said starting to back up.

"take it."

"what?"

"take the gun and shoot me." he said holding it out.

"why the hell would I do that?" I said

"if your so angry, just get your revenge. I'm just going to sit in a cell for the rest of my life, then we both can move on and possibly be happy." he said

I took the gun.

"I'd rather you rot in that cell." I said in disgust and that's when he put his hands up and Sean came in. I backed up and went to the door. I gave the gun to one of the officers and then went to take my vest off. I just put it back in the trunk when Joe came and hugged me. He kissed me multiple times and he even lifted me off the ground.

"you don't know how hard it was to see you wih a killer in there." he said

" you don't know how hard it was to be in there." I said still hugging him.

------------------------------------------------- 

4 hours later

Me and Joe made a statement and now my uncle is going to jail for life and he wont even have a trial. What upset me the most was that he could do something so horrible and somewhere deep down I could still love him. We packed our things and now we were headed back to Illinois. We thanked Garrett and Sean, we rolled down the driveway and waved goodbye. We sat in silence, I couldn't believe we actually proved I didn't do it.