chapter 9

• Dedicated to someone special.......

That was fast. I guess he planned this one too. We ran to the neighboring house and Joe broke the glass door in. We ran in and i followed Joe, not sure what he was looking for.

"Were do we go?!" i asked shooken up.

"There is an attic that we can hide in." he said pulling open the door and gesturing for me to go first. I sat on the dusty floor while he locked the door from our side just in time to hear my uncle step on the broken glass. We made our way to the front of the house were the air vent was, moving in between furniture and dusty smelly boxes. Joe pulled the vent out and layed it on the floor. The opening was just big enough for us to squeeze through. He went first stepping on the sandpaper colored shingles. He outstretched his hand and I took it. Then we both paused and stayed quiet. Then my foot creaked on the almost rotted out floor board and my uncle ran to the attic door, pounding on it. Joe pulled me forward and almost through the vent when my belt got stuck on the hook to close the vent door. SHIT! I tried to take the belt off but my uncle just burst through the door sending a cloud of dust through the attic.

Then joe gave me one last pull and i flew past him and hit the ground with him ontop of me. He got up and pulled me to my feet, carrying me to the fence line. We jumped the fence and on the other side was the forest preserve. We ran for what seemed like hours, the sun setting over the trees infront of us. My uncle didnt follow us, he knew he wouldnt catch us out here, so joe built a fire and we curled up together at the base of a willow tree. I hoped that sean would find him and put his ass in jail already.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

"OK, listen up! It looks like Joe and Ali were walking down this path, heard the shots, saw Jack and ran to that house. They had a struggle in the attic and then they all disappeared. We know they didn't take a car so they must have gotten away on foot, startv  searching the area around the subdivision and be careful, this man is a serial killer." Sean said as his men started out to look for us.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Do you have your phone?' Joe asked me.

i reached into my pocket and....nothing. "crap, it must have fell out. What about you?" i asked, he shook his head.

The blackness of night fell upon us and this also brought a chill to the air. I dosed in and out as the fire got smaller and smaller. Joe didn't sleep at all, every time a twig snapped or a bush rustled in the cool breeze he would flinch, pull me tighter and let out a breath of relief when nothing happened.

"Ali......Al......Alison!" Joe said in a whisper. "It's time to get up." he said pulling me up slowly with him.

"Sean is at the house already, i heard cop cars, we are safe now, lets go home." He told me but i just heard a bunch of it bleed together like paint in a painting.

There was a small pond that had a small waterfall. Joe sat down and cupped his hands to drink when i pushed him from behind, it would have worked if he hadn't had dragged me down with him. The water was sort of dirty and cool but it felt better than nothing. We made our way to the waterfall and sat on the rock underneath. Before i knew it i had Joe's shirt off and me in my tank top. He held me close, his cool fingers on my hips, we kissed, well sucked face.

"Joe?" i asked looking at him as i sat in his lap, my head against his buff chest.

"yeah?" he responded looking down at me.

"why are we here? we are on the run from a killer!" i asked

"Well whats the harm of having a good memory if anything should happen to us?" he said kissing me on the forehead.

"Joe?" i asked once again.

"Yes?" he replied.

"I love you."

"I love you too." he said holding me tighter.