Chapter 11

• Dedicated to Bessie

We got home around 3 in the afternoon and we both unpacked. I sat on the couch in front of the the TV, but not really watching it. I was thinking about my trial on Monday. I knew I shouldn't be nervous because I was home free but it was still there, like that annoying gnat that never stops irritating you. Come to think of it I haven't seen Joe since we got home. Right as I thought that he came out of our. Room wearing a white shirt and a black tie and paints.

"you got a date?" I asked teasingly looking up at him as he stood behind the couch.

He bent down and got close to my face.

"I believe I do, now go get changed!" he said kissing me and straightening to flatten his shirt.

I came back out with a black strapless dress and black heels. It matched my nice tan and my blond hair.

"ahhh here is my date." he said wrapping an arm around my lower waist and bringing me in for a long hard kiss.

"ready to go?" he asked grabbing the keys and opening the door for me.

We walked down the stairs to the parking garage and got in Joe's car.

"Were are we going?" i asked Joe as he pulled out onto main street.

"It's a surprise." he said mysteriously.

"Damn it! you know i hate it when you do that!" i said playfully with a pouty face.

He laughed at my remark and pulled into a spot at The Bistro. We walked in and Joe had already made a reservation for two. We sat towards the middle of the room and Joe pushed my chair in for me. We picked up our menus and looked at all the appetizers, drinks, and entrees. There was so much and it was pretty expensive. We finally chose our food and began to sip our drinks.

"How do you like it so far?" he asked as he took another sip of his alcoholic beverage.

"Very expensive." i said and we both laughed.

We talked about his work and how i haven't seen Sydney in awhile. We then sat back, full, and of course Joe is never full so he ordered a slice of pie for us to split. We were waiting for the pie as a played with the straw in my Coke. Out of the blue Joe stood up and walked to my side of the table.

My mind-

HOLY SHIT! HOLY SHIT! FINALLY, Just kidding. :)

I looked up at him and then followed his nervous glance down to one knee. He pulled out of his paints pocket a small black box. He now said these words.

"Samantha Paige Desalvo, will you marry me?"

I leaned forward, almost touching his face to mine as people began to stare.

"Joseph Drew Daer, only if the court says I'm innocent. But can i still have the ring now?" i asked with a smile.We both laughed.

He slipped the 2 karat ring out of its box and slipped it on my left hand. It glistened in the dim light of the restaurant. I hugged him and kissed him full force on the lips, and conveniently our pie came. He stood up and everyone around us noticed and began to clap for us. I couldn't stop smiling as we sat back down and we began to pick at our pie. When we done he guided me towards the door and i was very careful of my left hand for some reason. We didn't go right home though. About 20 minutes later Joe pulled up to a spot in the Burr Oak Woods. We got out of the car and the sky was lit up with stars and firefly's. Joe walked up the steps to a small gazebo not far from the lake Arrowhead. I took his hand and we stood there together. The moon reflected off the surface of the lake, like a mirror.

"It's beautiful!" i said leaning into his chest.

We stood there and admired the lake and the sounds of the wildlife. We then went home and we began to make out on the couch. He didn't have my shirt off but his was draped on the floor. We heard people run up the stairs and we ignored it, it was probably the neighbor throwing one of his drunken parties. Suddenly our door swung open with force slamming against the wall as we both shot up and looked over the top of the couch.

"What the hell?!" he said holding me to him.

"Freeze!" one of the swat team members said.

"Oh...wait, wrong house, sorry." he said with a wave of his hand and closed the door behind him.

"Way to ruin the moment!" Joe said laying back down harshly. We both laughed and soon we resumed our "fun" on the couch.

------------------------------------------

Hope you like the chapter, this is one of my favorites and there will only be 4 more before the book is done and i have already finished the second one!!!!!

       ~Bubbamyboy