Chapter Twenty Seven - Conclusion

'God, stupid, so stupid!' Was all Kenma could think. No other thought could be heard in his brain. Just this constant familiar echo. A voice he knew like a sibling by now.

"Hey" He knew he would come. Somewhere Kenma had prayed that Hinata wasn't going to follow him out. But there he stood, right behind him. Kenma made a mental note to never run away from a scene like that if he didn't want to be followed, it turns out that's just making the scene bigger.

But instead of just taking another tall glass of 'I'm sorry' from his friend, he turned around. "Look.." this was a losing battle either way.

"I get it. I know that you don't like me back and it's fine. I don't know why I have to make this a bigger deal than it is."

"Of course it is" Hinata walked up to his friend and tried to look him in the eyes, despite Kenma hanging his head. "It's your feelings, of course it's a big deal"

"I'm tired of all this mumbo-jumbo shit!" Kenma gave him what he wanted, if he wanted another look in the fucking eye then I'll give it to him. He thought. "This will be easier for both of us if we just.." Kenma stopped.

Through the walls, a loud base could be heard, Diva by Beyoncé blasted out in the whole building. Hinata held for his ears.

"Hell no, I'm done" Kenma threw his hands up in defeat.

"Kenma where are you going?" Hinata shouted down the hall to an already gone Kenma.

"Home"

"You don't know the way!"

"I'll figure it out."

"You can't leave! I have to tell Daichi that you-"

"Fucking tell him then!" with that, Kenma shoved the door shut behind him. The receptionist looked at Hinata. Hinata looked at the receptionist. Both with confusion.

Hinata decided to go after his stubborn friend one last time. Upon opening the door, Kenma stopped and turned around, to Hinatas surprise.

He smiled.

Right then and there, Kenma decided to be his friend. Because a friend is what Hinata needs right now. Right then and there, he decided to break his own heart instead of breaking another.