Chapter Twenty Six - That was about me

"Got a figure like a pin-up got a figure like a doll!" Oikawa sang with a smirk. "Don't care if you think I'm dumb, I don't care at all!" especially looking at Iwaizumi at that lyric.

Oikawa had the time of his life, he sang and danced and seemed to have a choreography trained in which he performed like a real popstar! Many whispers, especially between Noya and Asahi, were about how comfortable he looked in front of all these people. "Guess you owe me five bucks, but I'm as surprised as you are.."

And they were right, this was what Oikawa liked more than anything in the world, besides maybe volleyball. Attention.

"So pull me closer, and kiss me hard, I'm gonna pop your bubblegum heart" it almost suggested that this was a serenade to Iwa, because he had 100% of Oikawa's attention. Iwaizumi looked a little uncomfortable, but mostly he was done with Oikawas attitude. Always so extra, would it kill him to be normal for just one day? He wore this stone face that looked bothered but also casual. If it would be physically possible to stop a blush, Iwa would have used that ability right about now.

"Oh dear diary, I met a boy.." Now Oikawa had come down from the tiny stage that was placed in the center of the room, he climbed down and got closer and closer to Iwaizumi. "He made my doll heart fill up with joy.." 

"Is he doing what I think he's doing?" Nishinoya mumbled, Asahi once again nodded. Oikawa was dancing and prancing, closer and closer until he sat himself down right in Iwaizumi's lap.

"I'm Miss Sugar Pink Liquor-Liquor Lips! Hit me with your sweet love, steal me with a kiss!" Did this turn into a lap dance? It just might.. Oikawa stood up again and took Iwa's hand and lifted up his shirt a bit to grace it over his own stomach. The rest of Aoba Jousai cheered and clapped.

Karasuno and the rest just sat there, stunned. Some were flustered but most of them were only a little surprised. That Oikawa would something like this in front of everyone, well, we are talking about the Oikawa here. When you think about it it's not that shocking. 

The tall brunette stood up, did a slight touch on the knee, and then sat right back down in Iwaizumi's lap, facing the other way. From out of nowhere, he threw his knees out and spread his legs right on top of the other boy. Looking over the shoulder, smirking slightly at Iwaizumi, Oikawa sang into the microphone and buried his bottom against Iwaizumi's crotch. Receiving a loud "woooaaahh!" from everyone in that corner of the room.

The rest of the room held their breath, Daichi looked around at everyone, kinda like he wanted to shield everyone's eyes but realizing he didn't have enough hands for that. Hinata was caught up in it too, he cheered and looked just as excited as the rest. Kageyama sat silent.

He had to be the most uncomfortable in the room at that point. Coming over his own self-hate for liking boys, it was something he had been working with a lot. He loved Hinata, no doubt about it, but it felt a little weird to see another boy, let alone some of your worst enemies grind on each other and basically dry humping. Was that a... boner? Kageyama looked away and blicked a few times as if he just saw something he regretted.

In a close second came Iwaizumi, in being uncomfortable that is. Poor thing had to take Oikawa's ass on him, in front of half of his team and everyone else. He never prayed, hadn't even done it once. But right now, Iwaizumi prayed for this damn song just to be over. He didn't want to come out of the closet. Let alone in front of every-fucking-body! This was honestly just rude..

After the last chorus, the song finally ended. Everybody cheered, Karasuno applauded, Aoba Jousai went wild, stomping and screaming, and the remaining Nekoma's clapped along just to not stick out of the bunch. Oikawa was out of breath when he finally climbed off his lap-dance victim.

---

Not much later, Hinata skipped up to the microphone. He took it out of the stand and cleared his throat. This was the moment of truth.

"This song is not available on the Karaoke Machine, and it's written about a girl originally, but I have to sing this song tonight for a good friend of mine." Suddenly Hinata got nervous, he noticed all of the people staring at him and the mic felt slippery in his sweaty hands. "Uhhm.." his voice started to shake.

"What song is it?" Nishinoya yelled from the back, it bothered Hinata. He was just about to tell him damn it! "It's called Paper Flowers.." he finished while giving Nishinoya a slightly agitated look.

With that, Hinata sat himself down at a piano in the corner of the room. It was away from the tiny stage, but it was just light enough for almost all of the people in the room to see him. Clearing his voice once again, Hinata inhaled.

"I'll give you all my paper flowers, I know they don't smell like real ones, but I made them for you." The room was too dark, but Hinata squinted his eyes trying to find Kenma in the crowd.

"You can have my paper flowers, they will never wither, even when I'm with him." Kenma tensed up, oh shit, 'This is about me, isn't it?' he thought to himself.

"I wish that I could give you more, your heart shattered in a hundred pieces all over the floor.

Just a couple days ago, I was in the same position. Waiting for someone who'd never seemed to show.

Trust me I understand, I want to be a man about this. But I'm just a little boy.

I get scared sometimes and I'll always be yours, but you won't be mine no you won't be mine.." Hinata finally found Kenmas eyes in the sea of blurry faces.

"I'm sorry"

That spoken sentence stroke a match in Kenmas heart. Not a pleasant one.

"Paper Flowers, I know they don't smell like real ones, but I made them for you.

You can have my paper flowers, they will never wither, even when I'm with him."

Just like that, the song was over. The room was quiet. Tension so thick you could almost touch it. It was totally different from Oikawa's number, these were feelings other than lust. This was guilt and empathy. This was heavy.

Kenma let out a breath he didn't even know he was holding. He felt a hand on his shoulder and warm tears stream down his cheeks. But he couldn't hear anything. Right after the last tone, all of the sounds just turned into an indecipherable blur. He saw his feet walking away from the room. He saw his head in his hands. He heard himself sob.

That song was about him.

(Listen to Paper Flowers, Original by Tadpole Galaxy, youtube)