Chapter twenty five - Bubblegum Bitch

Almost a whole volleyball team worth of people were at the bus stop at 18:30 that evening. Maybe even a few more. Even so, there were people from many different teams, only a few hand-picked from each one.

Some from Aoba Johsai, including Oikawa and Iwaizumi. A handful of Fukurudani's and very few from Nekoma. Of course, all of Karasuno filled up the rest of the bus.

It felt nice coming out of the camping area for a little bit. Though people were rivals, many players from different teams were talking to each other! Fukurodanis's and Nekomas were playing cards and laughing. Aoba Johsai's were having cheerful conversations with each other. The whole bus was filled with positive vibes. Only one Nekoma sat quiet, you can guess who that was.

"Heyo!" Tanaka elbowed Daichi, sitting next to him, in the side. Daichi looked at him like it must've hurt, but didn't say anything. "Daichi. Are we there yet?"

A loud sigh could be heard. "About 10 minutes left, you've asked me about ten times already!"

"Are you alright?" Suga joined the conversation from behind. "You did eat, didn't you?" Placing his elbows on the seat in front of him where Daichi sat next to Tanaka.

"Yes I did, I'm just a little tired.." Looking up behind him at his boyfriend.

"Nothing a little kiss won't fi-"

"Alright enough!" Tanaka cut off, receiving surprised looks from both of the loving couple. "We get it, you're gay! Quit rubbing it in my face, man." Taking a big bite of a nutbar Tanaka had packed in his bag, he finally fell silent.

Silence broke out between the three of them. All the others on the bus were still talking and making noise, but suddenly the voices seemed so distant. Sure, Tanaka could crack inappropriate jokes from time to time. But this? This was just... inappropriate.

Nishinoya sat in front of them and was alerted by the noise, his head appeared between the seats as he pressed his face close enough to see almost all of them. "Dude.." Giving Tanaka a sharp look. "What the hell is up with you lately?"

More silence. Tanaka somehow still didn't realize what he said. "Can I find one straight dude out here, or what?" rolling his eyes and leaning against the window. Suga and Daichi looked at each other. Nishinoya looked at both of them. They wanted to confirm what had actually happened, did Tanaka say that just now?!?!

"Since when do you have problems with gays?" Nishinoya finally squeezed out. Suga looked like he wanted to say something, like he wanted to tell him how wrong he was, but he just couldn't seem to find the words.

"It's just that..." Tanaka fell silent for a moment longer. "I haven't been able to talk to anyone about girls! You know! Man's gotta do what a man's gotta d-"

"No no no, wait, hold on" Suga finally exclaimed. "You're frustrated because you haven't objectified a girl in almost 24 hours?"

"I don't objectify them! I treat women with respect, y'know, gotta make her feel beautiful. I fulfill her needs, and she fulfills mine" Tongue wiggling out of Tanakas mouth, he got his point across, sure.

"Then why don't you respect boys the same?" Nishinoya left his tight squeeze between the seats and put his elbows on the seat just like Suga.

That was a great question. Suga gave him an agreeing look, like that was what he was trying to say all this time. "Is there such a difference?"

"Dude, don't play dumb-"

"Isn't that the karaoke bar?" A foreign voice interrupted. Indeed, the bus gently stopped by a street not far away from a neon sign that said KARAOKE in swirly letters. Guess that conversation was over. Everybody got off the bus and gathered in a big herd on the street.

Daichi took the lead and steered all of the volleyball players towards the neon sign at the end of the street, Hinata bounced a little before the rest of them. Kageyama wasn't slow to keep up. That bus ride really didn't do well for his bouncy legs.

The Karaoke bar grew closer, Hinata lost the jump in his step. He had been keeping a straight face about this whole situation. Maybe it was a little cruel on him to turn the other cheek to his clearly broken friend. But that was about to change, right here, right now.

Paying for a "party room" at the Karaoke, after a little bit of waiting, the biggest room was finally available. It was cramped, almost fifteen people in a room for ten. Daichi started to sweat a little bit, not only because it was warm in there and the ventilation seemed to be broken, but also because they had a tight schedule and if everyone were to sing a song each, they'd be here all night.

Everybody sat down, except for a tall brown haired certain someone in a bright blue and white uniform. "Ah, well, I guess I'll go first" Most of Aoba rolled their eyes, but the others tried to keep a straight face. Oikawa emerged from the crowd and pranced up to the Karaoke machine, humming lightly.

They all knew what was to come.

"..Five bucks on Brittney" Nishinoya whispered to Ahasi, he nodded.

Drums and guitar blasted out in the speakers,  everybody held their breath. Oikawa inhailed.