Chapter twelve - On the run and go

"Kageyama! I have tea for you!" Hinata called into the small room but only hearing his own voice bouncing back at him from the walls. The tiny house with only one room was completely empty.

He turned around in his step and went up to the main house, maybe they just passed each other? But no one had seen him there either. He went to the outdoor bathroom, still no Kageyama. 

Hinata became more worried as the hours went by. The clock struck seven, eight, nine, he was nowhere to be seen. What scared Hinata even worse was that his shoes were gone, he had went off for sure but no one knows where. I hope he's not cold, or lost..

At 10 PM, Hinata sat with Kageyamas parents around the dinner table and waited. Hinatas face was pale, he was concerned out of his mind, barely holding back tears.

"We have to call the police" Kageyamas mother whimpered sadly and a tear rolled down her cheek. "Oh, Tobio.."

"It's going to be okay, we'll find him darling" Kageyamas father laid an arm around his wife and hugged her, he then grabbed his phone and dialed the police.

Hinata was shaking. His hands fumbled, his legs tapped, his teeth chattered. He held Kageyamas jacket close to his body, he didn't take his eyes of it for one minute. He couldn't feel anything, yet he felt everything at the same time. He thought about Kageyama, someone who had made him feel wanted. Someone in this big scary world that he felt like he could trust. His chest ached just by the thought of anything happening to him.

He heard the grown ups anxious voices in the back of his head and they blurred out more and more each second, he couldn't take it anymore. He had to do something, anything! He rose from the table and cried at the top of his lungs;

"I'LL FIND HIM! EVEN IF IT'S THE LAST THING I DO!"

He broke out in tears and sobbed loudly, as he clenched Kageyamas jacket hard in his hand and ran out into the night before Kageyamas parents could stop him.

He couldn't think clearly, ssomething, someone was screaming Kageyamas name in his head. His legs moved without his power to stop them. He ran like he was being chased. He ran as far away from there as possible. The only reasonable thoughts in his head he which way Kageyama might've taken.

He ran through the forest, out through the meadow, out on the big highway and he didn't stop until the came too a small inn on the highway. He was lost and cold, the only warmth from Kageyamas jacket, he held it close to his chest. He burst in the hall of the inn with his breath in his throat.

"Excuse me! Have you seen my b.. my friend!?" He looked around and the in the room and the only one there was an old obese guy who sat in the front desk and looked bored. He scoffed at the small boys distressed cry.

"He has black hair and he is pretty tall and he runs really fast and.. and.. and.." Hinata started crying loudly and wiped his eyes with the back of his hand. The receptionist sighed.

"Not here buddy, now get out.. What are you doing our here anyway?" He went over to the other side of the disk, took some papers and was just about to leave.

"Well I told you. I'm looking for my-" Hinata was cut off by the door in the very back of the desk slamming shut in his face, the big receptionist was gone. Hinata didn't think much of it other then the rude fact that he had gotten a door in his face, but he turned in his step and went out again.

He ran along the highway and spotted an opportunity to turn, he took it and it led in to the forest again on a gravel road. He knew that only with immense amount of luck he would actually find his friend again. He needed that luck, he prayed for that luck. He felt so lonely with all those big trees suddenly surrounding him. He felt small. He was small.