Chapter eighteen (angst) - Love hurts

"Oh my god! Kenma!"

"Kenma!"

Kenma felt the paper beneath him, he was lying down in a hospital bed. His vision was blurry and he squinted his eyes to try and focus on the face belonging to the light voice.

"Kenma!"

"Yachi! Calm down, he's awake" a soft voice from behind the light voice called and moved closer. Kenma noticed her long dark hair and before he knew she patted his cheeks like she was supposed to slap them, but she did it really soft. Which made Kenma wake.

He sat straight up in the bed and looked around confused.

"Oh, he is" The light voice said and now Kenma saw both their faces.

The light voiced girl was pretty short, had blonde hair, and rose puffy cheeks. She was quite cute, Kemna made note of that.

The other girl was taller, she also had a very soft look to her. Her dark hair reached her shoulder and she was wearing glasses. She was rather beautiful in a way Kenma could understand and appreciate.

The tall girl put a hand on Kenmas shoulder and said with the soft, sweet voice;

"Are you feeling alright?"

Kenma felt even more confused and uncomfortable to wake up in a random room with two strangers. He probably looked very uncomfortable too because she looked serious and said;

"Do you know who you are?"

"Yeah, I'm aware, Kenma.. Who are you?" Kenma said awkwardly trying to figure out these mysterious creatures.

"My name is Kiyoko Shimizu, and this is Yachi" The tall girl said and led a hand towards the little girl.

"See, I found you outside the bunks and you were unconscious so I brought you here to check if you were okay. Have some juice" The little girl apparently name Yachi, stepped forward with a juice box with grapes on it, and handed it to Kenma. He took it and slowly started sipping without answering.

Kenma didn't like people. The tall girl appeared kind of intimidating. Her voice was soft and her looks were beautiful but something in her eyes alarmed Kenma, her strong gaze left a feeling in him that she didn't want to have anything to do with him.

"Are you like, hospital people?" Kenma tried but immediately regretted opening his mouth realizing how dumb he sounded.

"We're managers for Karasuno. We have been at multiple camps with Nekoma" Yachi explained and sat down next to Kenma "You really haven't seen us?"

"I don't recall"  Kenma put his juice box on a table beside him. Still annoyed at the clearly unwanted guests with him, people, in general, did stress him the fuck out.

"Well, I'm fine now you can leave" Kenma tried but Yachi only moved a bit closer.

"Do you know why you passed out?" Yachi looked very serious yet gentle at the same time, Kenma tolerated her.

"It's... It's personal" Kenma avoided eye contact and fumbled with his hands, he could feel them getting sweaty from having to remember the anxiety attack from earlier.

"Shimizu, do you mind?" Yachi turned to Kiyoko who quickly got the hint and stepped outside.

"Please tell me, I could help" Yachi tried again and laid her hands around Kenma's shoulders but he flinched at the touch and pushed her away.

"That's what they all say! Therapists, doctors, mom and now you! You don't know me! I don't trust you! It doesn't get better because you talk about it! They don't understand.."