Chapter 103

10 Years Later...

Scarlett was now 12, and Connor was 10. Today we were going to an open day of Scarlett's new high school- which was actually mine and Sal's old high school. It was strange walking rough these corridors again.

Mine and Sal's hands interlocked and we walked through, with Connor and Scarlett walking in front.
"Mom, Dad, can we get something from the vending machines?" Connor begged.
"Sure I'll see if I have any cash" Sal said as he dug into his wallet. However the photograph of me and Sal that he folded up in his wallet fell out and fell onto the floor. Me and Sal both bent down to pick it up, just like we did with my book when we first met. We were in the exact same spot. Our hands brushed over each other's as we picked up the picture. Me and Sal both glanced at each other and giggled over how much this was like how we first met.
We stood to our feet as I handed him the photo. He placed it in his pocket and he pulled me in close and planted a soft kiss to my lips.
"Mom.." Connor whined.
"We're on our way" I said said softly to them. I held onto Sal's hand as we walked down the corridor as to where we first met. And on that day I never knew that my true love was Right In Front Of Me....