Chapter 21

After we finished our meals, me and Sal decided to head off home. We were both knackered, but the night was successful.... thankfully. We made our way home and immediately we both collapsed onto the sofa.
"Well at least they like me" I joked with a tired laugh. Sal crawled closer to me and began to yawn, as he nestled his head in between my shoulder and neck, as he placed a gentle kiss on my cheek; and soon fell asleep with his arms wrapped around me.

*****
The next morning I woke up with Sal still cuddled up to me. I let a smile slip through my lips then I slowly unwrapped his arms from my waist and slowly sat up. I ran upstairs and got changed for work. As I grabbed my keys and bag, I placed a gentle kiss on Sal's forehead and wrapped a blanket over him. I left him a little note saying
'Gone to work, have a great day, Love Emily xxx'

As I got into my office I was greeted by a very excited co worker, Tanya. She had a few cardboard boxes in her hand, and her desk was completely empty.
"Where are you going??" I asked her.
"I got a promotion, so I'm leaving!" She said excitedly. I gave a sad look as my best friend was moving somewhere new. "But don't worry. Someone is starting later to take over my position!" She informed me.
"I'm gonna miss you" I said, giving her a warm hug.
"I hope you and Sal last forever. Have a good life" she said with a laugh. We both tried not to cry but we both failed.

Soon after she left, I was busy typing away on the computer when I was interrupted by a pleasant, soft but charming voice saying
"Hello? Are you a Emily?" The mysterious voice asked.