Chapter 37

I walked off with Murr to talk to some of my other friends at the party, but Sal, Q and Joe stayed behind, with their drinks.
"Guys... I need to tell you something important" Sal began.
"Wow, what is it??" Q slurred again.
"I think.. I'm going to propose to Emily" Sal blurted out.
"No way! That's amazing!! I mean.. congratulations" Joe said, hugging Sal.
"That's only if she says yes" Sal said anxiously.
"Of course she will!" Joe reassured him. "When are you proposing?" Joe asked.
"Well I was thinking of doing it tomorrow, Christmas Day. But I haven't got a ring yet!" Sal said.
"Why don't you ask Emily to take Q home, then I'll take you down to the jewellery shop and you can choose a ring!" Joe said.
"Sounds like a plan!" Sal replied.

Soon after, Sal walked up to me and held my hand to turn me around.
"Hey babe, I was wondering if you could take Q home, and I'm gonna write a punishment here with Joe so I'll be home a few hours after you" he told me.
"Babe... its Christmas Eve. Do it another day" I whined.
"Trust me, as soon as it's done it will be done" he said.
"Fine, but come home as soon as possible" I said, kissing his cheek. "I'll find Q" I said as I walked off.
"Love you" Sal said as I walked away. I turned around and smiled at him, blowing a kiss as I ran off to find Q.

I searched everywhere and couldn't find him anywhere. I looked in every room until I stumbled upon an office, with Q sat at the desk crying, with his drink in his hand.
"Are you okay?" I asked him.
"No. I'll be spending Christmas alone!" Q cried. I sat opposite him and moved the drink away.
"No you won't. You have your cats" I joked. "And you have me, and Sal and the guys" I pointed out.
"Nope. Joe and Bessy have a family, you and Sal are happy alone together, Murr is over his family's house, and my cats can't talk!" He cried out.
"I spent all my adult life alone at Christmas until I found Sal" I told him. "Maybe you could join me and Sal for Christmas. You could stay on the sofa overnight" I said. He nodded at the idea and wiped away his tears.
"Let's go" I said, slowly getting him up and leading him to the car.

Meanwhile, Sal, Joe and Bessy were in the ring shop in New York.
"Which one is the right one?!" Sal asked looking over all the rings.
"Whichever speaks to your heart" Joe said.
"Or the ring that reminds you of Emily" Bessy added.
"That would have to be the most gorgeous ring to ever exist" Sal replied.
"Aww you two are the cutest couple" Bessy replied to Sal.
Sal hovered above the glass, searching each and every ring until he stumbled upon one. Rose gold, with silver diamonds making a heart shape. His eyes were fixated on it as I smile grew on his face.
"That's the one!" Sal exclaimed happily to Bessy and Joe. They looked over at the ring
"Good choice!" they said in unison. Sal grabbed the attention of the worker behind the counter and pointed out the ring to her.
"Can I have this ring please" Sal said.
"Of course! Would you like a free engraving on it?" She asked.
"Yes please" Sal replied.
"Fill out this form and we can get it done within 20 minutes!" She said.
"Thank you!" Sal replied as he handed her he form.

20 minutes later the woman came back with the little black bag, with the red velvet box with the ring and handed it to Sal.
"All done Sir" she said. Sal thanked her then made his way home.

When he got in, it was pretty dark and quiet so he presumed I had already went to bed. However, he heard heavy snoring coming from the living room.
"Em?" Sal asked as he walked into the room to see who it was... it was Q. He was already asleep. But Sal turned on the light causing Q to toss and turn.
"Ugh" Q groaned. "Turn it off!" He asked.
"What are you doing here Bri?" Sal asked.
"Emily invited me to stay" Q explained.
"Of course" Sal said with a laugh. "Well.. goodnight" Sal said.
"Merry Christmas Sal!" Q said as Sal left.

Sal made his way into the bedroom and put the ring box under the bed and rolled into bed next to me. I was half asleep as Sal slightly woke me up. He wrapped his arms rights around me and kissed my cheek
"Goodnight beautiful" he whispered into my ear. I smiled softly at his word and held onto his hand and fell asleep on his chest.

(A/N: just a huge thank you! I've had 1.05k reads on this book!! I appreciate your support so far ❤️️ thank you xx :) )