Chapter 93

After our mini paint fight, me and Sal decided that we needed a break, therefore we decided to head out for some lunch. We quickly got changed then drove off to find a restaurant nearby. I blasted the radio in the car full blast, me and Sal both singing along. As we were new to the area we decided to look around for different restaurants.
"That place looks good" I pointed out.
"How about this one?" He suggested. I nodded. Sal parked up the car and opened the door. We walked in hand in hand as we got our table.

Our eyes revised the menu as we debated on what to order. As I was scanning the menu, I saw Jim a few tables behind Sal. I attempted to burry my head in the menu to hide away from him, as I wanted quality time with Sal.
"What are you doing?" Sal asked with a chuckle.
"It's Jim! He's here. I just want to spend time with you" I said. Sal grabbed my hand from the other side of the table, and smiled.

As we began to eat our food, Jim soon spotted me. I did notice, however I pretended I didn't. But he soon strolled over to our table. Don't get me wrong, I like Jim; he's funny and sweet, but I wanted quality time with Sal. With our jobs and kids we don't get much quality time like we used to.
"Hey Emily, and Sal right?" Jim asked.
"Hi Jim" I replied. "And who's this?" I asked, noticing a tall man lingering beside him.
"This is John, my brother. He's just visiting" Jim explained. "Would you mind if we joined you?" Jim asked, looking towards Sal. I gave Sal the 'help me' eyes, but he was too polite.
"Of course!" Sal answered as we moved up.

After a long, long lunch, me and Sal decided to head home.
"Well that was nice" Sal said as the wind gently brushed my hair as we were outside. We crossed the road heading back to the car, traffic sounding around us.
"That was basically a meeting.  I start work there tomorrow, and I felt like I've been working there for years" I laughed. "I just wanted to spend time with you!" I whined.
"I know, but he's your new boss. Maybe once we've finished decorating we can chill out with a film! Sound good?!" Sal asked.
"Sounds like a plan" I smiled.