Chapter 73

Me and Sal were sat in the garden as we celebrated Scarlett's first birthday. We had a planned a party in which Joe, Bessy, Milana, Remington, Q, Murr and our parents. It was just a close family and friends gathering.

Sal was telling everyone about Scarlett's first word and every time I heard him saying it, I saw the beaming smile on his face. It was genuinely cute how he'd talk about his family to others.
As the party progressed, there were the group of adults talking in a circle and the kids playing in the middle. I saw Sal and Joe mouthing something to each other then they both suddenly left.

They made their way into the kitchen, and Murr soon followed.
"Hey bud" Joe began.
"Joe, I need your advice" Sal began.
"On what??" Murr asked, desperately trying to be involved.
"I'm... well... I've been thinking" Sal said.
"About?" Murr asked.
"My family.." Sal began, but suddenly stopped as I walked in.
"Hey" I said, as I fetched Scarlett's bottle. I noticed how they all fell silent. "Are you guys okay?" I asked with a chuckle.
"Yeah" Joe said weakly. I looked at them confused then left the room, unknown to me what they were talking about.

Later that day, the party was still going, however Sal put Scarlett down for her nap. Everyone was in the garden, but I began washing up in the kitchen. Sal soon ran down the stairs and sneaked up behind me, resting his head on my shoulder, wrapping his arms around my waist.
"Sal" I said with a laugh. "What are you doing?!" I said as I turned around, wrapping my hands around his neck.
"I actually needed to talk to you" Sal told me as he took a few deep breaths. Behind me on the counter laid my phone, which lit up as Graham had sent me a text, which meant Sal caught a glimpse of my wall paper (the photograph of him and Scarlett).
"What about?" I asked him, as he smiled to himself.
"I was..." he stuttered.
"Yes?" I asked him, knowing that Sal was nervous.
"How would you like to have another baby?" Sal asked me....