Chapter 27

I sat on the oak bench in the dark park on my own, with my suitcase next to me. I was just thinking over my options. I couldn't stay with Sal obviously, I couldn't stay with Q, Joe or Murr as Sal probably told them I cheated on him, and I definitely couldn't stay with Graham. So I was stuck...
For tonight I might just stay on the bench and sort it out later.

Sal's POV
Meanwhile, I sat at home on my couch crying. How could she? But... after all these years of friendship she has never betrayed me... so maybe she was telling the truth?! I was getting so frustrated as I couldn't tell what was true or false. Maybe I was a bit hasty by kicking her out. I presumed she was staying with her parents, and I wanted to make sure she was okay, so I decided to ring her Mom.
"Hello?" Her Mom  answered.
"Hi, its Sal. I know it's late but is Emily with you??" I asked.
"No, why should she be?" Her mom asked. I didn't want to worry her so I said
"No, its just she said she might pop round so I didn't know. Thanks anyway" I said and ended the call.

Then, I texted the guys and they said they haven't seen her either. I told Q about what happened and he said it was me overreacting, as she would never betray me, but I was still unsure.

As I sat in the couch complementing on what to do, the door knocked. I got my hopes high for it to be Emily.  I opened the door to see Graham stood there, and the anger rose in me.
"What are you doing here?!" I asked, gradually raising my voice.
"Emily left her jacket and I was nearby the area. I am sorry for keeping her out late, she kept saying she wanted to go home to see you, but I kept rambling on. I've finally found a friend I suppose" Graham said with a warm smile.
"Liar" i muttered.
"What?" Graham asked.
"Just be honest.. are you two having an affair?!" I asked. Graham smirked a little then laughed
"Of course not. She's with you! And she is very happy. She non stop talks about you!" Graham said to make me feel better. The more I thought about it the more it made sense.
"But why was you at dinner together?" I asked.
"We were waiting for a client. Anyway, is she here??" Graham asked, looking past me.
"No, I kinda kicked her out" I admitted, looking ashamed. Graham furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.
"Why? You had such a beautiful, funny girl and you let her go?" Graham asked.
"I know. I'm stupid. She was perfect. I was so mean to her, now I have no clue where she is!" I said.
"I'll help you look for her!" Graham said.
"Why??" I asked.
"Because I care about her too" Graham said, running off. Sal quickly locked up and went the opposite way.

Emily's POV
The tears were filling my eyes as I sat in the cold rain. I wanted to ring someone, but my phone died and I had no money. I was so scared as everything looked so different at night time in New York. I was sat there when I looked in the distance to see someone running close to me.

It was Graham. He ran up next to me on the bench and placed his hand on my thigh.
"Are you okay??!" He asked me, looking relieved he had found me.
"N..no" I said, letting my tears fall free.
"Aww, come here" Graham said, pulling me close for a hug, as his hand gently rubbed up and down my back soothingly.
"It's okay, I'm here now" Graham said, keeping me in the tight hug.
"I have no where to go" I cried.
"You can stay with me for now" Graham said. "Just tell Sal, he's worried too" Graham advised.
"He wouldn't care" I said, pulling out of the hug.
"Yes he does" Graham said. "You can stay with me for a few days until you both sort it out" Graham advised me.

I couldn't see him, but Sal was stood in the distance watching me with Graham. 'I've truly lost her now..' Sal thought to himself, letting a tear slip from his eye.