Chapter 8

I just sat there, watching Sal as he fixed my car. I had no idea why I was feeling this why. I snapped out of my daze when Sal came up to me.
"Right- I think it's fixed" he told me with an adorable smile.
"Thank you so much" i said.
"Would you mind if i take a shower? Its just i have oil everywhere-" he began to explain.
"Sure. You know where it is" i said to him.
"Thanks" he replied, kissing my forehead. I couldn't help but smile at the gesture.
As soon as i heard the shower turn on I decided to ring Murr.
"Hey" i began, in a nervous tone. Me and Murr were best friends too, and I could trust him with anything.
"Hello Emily" he replied. "You alright?" He asked.
"Not really. Can i tell you something, and you to promise to never tell anyone- not a single soul!" I asked.
"Of course" he said. "What is it?" He asked.
"I think.. i fancy..Sal" i spat out.
"Obviously" he said with a laugh.
"what?" I asked.
"It was kinda obvious. You've always fancied him" he said.
"No I haven't" i lied.
"Emily- everyone could tell" murr replied. "But its great. You two are meant for each other" Murr said. I looked over to my left, to see Sal making his way down the stairs.
"Gotta go" i quickly said to Murr. "Hiya" i said to him as he sat by me.
"You alright" he said to me with a smile.
"Yeah, but actually do you mind if i talk to you?" I asked him. I was about to tell him my feelings for him.
"Yeah, and after that can you help me out" he said.
"With what?" I asked.
"Help me choose what i should wear on my date tomorrow" he asked me. I felt like my heart was shattering into a million pieces. "So what did you want to ask me??" Sal asked me, his hand brushing over mine.
"Uhh..nothing"i lied. "I forgot" i added.
"So what do you think I should wear?" Sal asked me.
"Maybe...a suit? Shows your smart" i said to him with a weak smile, attempting to hide the hurt.