Chapter 101

The next morning I woke up peacefully beside Sal. I was wrapped up warm in his arms as they secured me. The orange glow in the room centred me and Sal in the middle. He placed a soft kiss onto the side of my head.
"Good morning" Sal whispered into my ear.
"Morning" I warmly said, as I turned over to face him. I greeted him with a warm smile as he soon shared one back.
"So what do ya wanna do today?" Sal asked me.
"Maybe we could go out for a family walk? But I have to pick up some files from work first" I explained.
"Sure thing. I could drop you off to quickly grab it then we could take the kids down to Staten Island beach?" Sal suggested. "Just like where we went with Scarlett all those years ago" Sal said with a chuckle, as he thought back to that day.
"That's where I took this photo" I said, pulling out the box of photos I had under the bed.
"What's this one?" Sal asked.
"This was from our second date. Remember your car broke down...and Q had to drive us" I laughed, remembering the time we first met.
"Oh yeah... and we watched the sun set on the beach with an ice cream" Sal reminded himself.
"And we had our first kiss" I added with a warm smile.
"And many, many, many years later we got married, and had two wonderful children" Sal finished with a smile. He grabbed the photograph from my hand and folded it into four and placed it in his wallet.
"This will stay with me forever" Sal whispered.