Chapter 76

It was.... negative.
I felt my heart begin to break. I stared at the three tests in front of me, hoping they were all wrong but I knew they weren't. Before I had time to collect my thoughts, Sal came running upstairs with a huge smile painted on his face. He crept up behind me and wrapped his arms around me.
"It's positive right?!" He said with excitement in his voice. I turned around with a few tears in my eyes. I shook my head, as Sal's smile soon faded. He knew I was disheartened and wrapped me tightly into his chest.
"It's okay, we can try again" Sal reassured me. I nodded
"But I feel like I've let us down. I got my hopes so high" I explained.
"You haven't let us down!" Sal told me.
"Why don't I call Murr to come round with Scarlett?!" Sal suggested. I nodded then made my way downstairs.

In the afternoon, Murr came over with Scarlett. Sal told Murr (and only Murr) about us trying for another baby, but failing. Whenever I was upset Murr would always bring me ice cream and hug me until I felt better. We've just always done it.

The next day, me and Sal were sat in the living room, looking after Scarlett. I didn't feel that upset anymore, because we could always try again. Scarlett was sat on the carpet whilst me and Sal talked.
"So I start work tomorrow" I reminded Sal.
"Are you happy about that??" Sal asked me.
"I suppose, but it's my first time leaving Scarlett since she was born" I told Sal. "And it's been a year!" I said.
"Trust me-" he began, until he looked at Scarlett, completely astonished. She was walking!!
"Oh my god!!" I said in amazement.
"Her first steps!!!" Sal shouted with excitement. I laughed at him lightly, juts over how cute he was acting. He picked Scarlett up and hugged her ever so tightly.
"This is my perfect family" I whispered to myself.

******
A few weeks later, I was sat in my office, with Graham sat opposite me. I was happily typing away when I began to feel sick.. again. It was the third day in a row. I ran into the toilets and been sick.
"Are you okay?" Graham shouted over at me.
"I'm fine" I said.
"Maybe you should go on an early lunch? Come back in an hour" Graham told me.

I ran home and rushed to the bathroom to take a pregnancy test. It was the only explanation to explain how I was feeling recently. I walked up and down in a line in the bathroom waiting for the two minutes to end. I checked my watch then ran over to the sink. I carefully read the test.
'Positive'. I squealed in excitement as I rang Sal.
"Hey Em" he answered.
"Hi!!" I excitedly shouted.
"What's up?" He asked with a curious tome.
"I'm pregnant!!" I blurted out.
"OH MY GOD!!!" Sal screamed back at me.
"But it means I'll have maternity leave again. I feel like I don't even work here anymore. So, would you be okay if I quit? I could stay at home with the kids-" I began to explain.
"Whatever makes you happy. I'll try to find more time to stay off" Sal told me.

So what I got back into work I handed in my notice. It felt good to know I could spend more time with Scarlett and our future baby. However, when I walked into my office Graham stood there with champagne and two glasses.
"I have good news!!" He exclaimed.
"Me too!" I added. "You first!"
"I got a promotion! I'm the head of the company in London! Me and Tanya are leaving today!!" He said as he popped open the bottle.
"That's amazing!! So.. your leaving for good?" I clarified.
"Yep! I was so sad to leave you" he said to me. "You've been one of the best friends I have ever met! I'm so glad I got to not only work alongside you, but to become great friends like we have. We have been through so much together. Even though, Sal didn't like me at first- we all seemed to be great friends as time progressed" Graham said to me with a warm smile. "Would you like any?" He asked, holding the champagne bottle in his hand.
"I can't, not for another nine months!" I said, sneaking in my good news.
"Your pregnant?!" He exclaimed.
"Yep, with baby number two!" I said with a smile. "And because of that, I'm leaving the company" I added.
"I cant believe I'm not gonna be here to watch your second baby grow up!" Graham said, with a gutted tone.
"Here's to the future! Us moving on!" I said.
"Cheers!" We said in unison.
"Goodbye Emily"
"Goodbye Graham!"