Chapter 15

We broke away from the kiss, and I could feel his smile printed across my lips. In the corner of my eye I could see Murr and Q smiling at us, but I pretended I couldn't see them. Sal rested his forehead on mine, the tips of our noses touching.
"Soo" Sal began to fill the awkward silence between us.
"Soo" I copied, with a smirk. I went to lean back in for a kiss, until Sal backed away. I was quite saddened, as if he didn't want to kiss me again. But he gave me sympathetic eyes then turned me around, so I was face to face with my parents. 'Now that makes sense..' I thought.
"Me and you father are going to leave" my mum said. Me and Sal both stood there, in shock just in case they saw. "Are you two okay??" She asked us. Me and Sal stiffly nodded. "Right, I'll ring you tomorrow darling" my mum said, giving me a hug.
"Bye Emily" my dad said, hugging me too. As soon as they left, I turned back around to face Sal.
"That was close" I said to Sal with a laugh. Before I could say another words, Sal cupped my face and planted another kiss on my lips. Joe and Bessy crept up behind Sal, causing him to jump.
"Ooo" Joe sung.
"Sorry guys" Bessy apologised.
"It's fine" me and Sal said at once.
"We were wondering if you could take Murray home. We have to pick Remington and Milana up from the baby sitters" Joe asked.
"Yep that's fine. We will be going now anyway" Sal said. At that moment Murr walked up to us.
"Right Murray, lets go" Sal said. I was also getting a lift with Sal and Murr so I followed on.

When we were in the car, there was an awkward silence between me and Sal. We didn't really know what to say to one and other. Thankfully for us, Murr was there to make light conversation. Murr did see us kissing, but he sensed the tension in the car and didnt want to bring it up.
"That was a good wedding wasn't it?" Murr asked.
"Yeah it was" Sal replied. I turned to face him and gave him a smile and he smiled back.
"So.. Emily.. would you like to get breakfast with me, Sal and the guys in the morning?" Murr offered.
"Id love to" i replied. "Where?" I asked.
"The diner" Murr replied.
"Great, see you then. Thanks for the lift, Sal" i said, as i got out the car and walked up to my house.

Sals POV
I watched Emily walk back up to her house and just regretted not making another move; or ask her to go out with me. I sat there and sighed as i watched her go. Murray climbed into the passengers seat and placed his hand on my shoulder.
"What's wrong, bud?"  Murr asked me.
"Its just... I wished i asked Emily out when i had the opportunity. Instead i kissed her twice and forgot to ask her out" i said in frustration.
"You've made improvement. You've kissed her twice!" Murr said in an uplifting tone to make me feel better.
"I suppose" i said. "It was magical. Finally.. after all these years of having the urge to kiss her and be her boyfriend and I finally had the chance to accomplish..one" i said.
"And tomorrow, at breakfast you can ask her out for real!!" Murr told me. I smiled at the thought and drove home.

The Next Morning:
I woke up bright and early with no messages or calls from Emily. I quickly got changed and made my way over to the diner I was meeting Murr, Q, Joe and Emily. I was plucking up the courage to ask her out for the whole journey.
I opened the diner door to see her sat there and all of that courage washed away. How can I even begin to tell her how I feel!? I love her....