Chapter 79

"Who is this??" I asked.
"My name is Jim" he spoke. "I work with Publishers, a company which we publish books, the branch set in Brooklyn" he explained.
"Sorry to be rude, but what dies this have to do with me?" I asked.
"A friend of yours- Graham- sent us an email, asking us to check out your resumé and we can agree that your perfect for this role!" Jim said excitedly.
"What role?" I asked.
"To help new authors with publishing books. Here in Brooklyn, we are desperate to have you work alongside us" he said excitedly.
"I...I can't" I said. "I live here in Staten Island. I have a family... I can't just move!" I pointed out.
"You would begin on a two week trial! We pay for hotel and travel. You'd work here for two weeks then you decide if you want to accept our offer" Jim explained.
"Can I think about it?" I asked.
"Of course. No rush" he told me warmly.
"I guess I'll ring you back soon" I said as I put down the phone.

This was amazing. I said how much I wanted a job, and now I've been offered a brilliant job. But it was situated in Brooklyn. With long hours- I could travel there and back every single day! I suppose I would have to decline their offer.... but I really didn't want too....

8 Months Later....
Me and Scarlett waiting in the adopt, awaiting Sal's return.
Throughout the months, I had been messaging Jim back and forth. We have actually became quite good friends. I explained that I'm pregnant and he said he has kept the job on hold, and I was aloud to begin my trial whenever I liked, but I haven't told Sal yet. I knew he would do anything he could to talk me out of it.

But as soon as he saw us, he ran down the stairs and threw his arms around me.
"I've missed you both sooo much!!" He said to me and Scarlett.