Chapter Thirty One

I don't talk to Asher anymore and After the events with the video I don't think I want to talk to him.

    It's Graduation today. Mackenzie had my hair in a braid crown and then curled the rest of my hair. I wore a light blue dress and black heels it wasn't anything extravagant but it was definitely my style.

"Alright!" Jason said as he came into my room. "I have the car outside! Let's go ladies! I can't keep Dustin and the Twins in the car forever!" He yelled at the both of us.

    "I am almost done... there!" Mackenzie said as she added the last bobby pin. We all drove together to the graduation ceremony. When we got there it was pretty uneventful for the most part. One by one I watched as my friends got there diplomas.

    "Asher Jayfire!" The crowd went wild for Mr. Popular. He went up smiling and I heard all the girls in the crowd fawn over him. He had his own personal fan club and it was so stupid! The ceremony ended and I met my dad.

    "You did great Skyler! I'm so proud of you for getting into that college and completing high school with a 4.0 GPA's!" I hugged him as he continued to talk about how accomplished I am.

    "Hey, Skyler." I turn around and see Jason laughing as he held Mackenzie in his arms. "We're going to the bowling ally with Dustin and the twins, you free?" I was about to decline them when my dad stepped in.

    "She is." I turn to my dad surprised he would say that. "Have fun. You can even take my truck." Jason's mouth dropped. He's been fawning over my dads truck since he saw it.

   "Sir, I will protect you car with my life and anyone else's." Jason said as I saw a tear come from his eyes.

    "Let's go before Jason starts to recite a poem he wrote for that car!" Mackenzie said and it looked like a light bulb went off in Jason's head.

    "Shall I compare thee to a summers day!" I said goodbye to my dad as he handed me the keys.

    I had gotten my drivers license in January and I was actually surprised my dad would let me have the truck. Everyone piled in and I drove everyone to the bowling ally.

    We played a few games. The guys were being super competitive even though they were all losing bad to Mackenzie.

    About half way through another group of graduates came in. We all turned to see Asher with his fan club and other football players. I hoped he hadn't seen me but it was too late when I made direct eye contact with him.

   "Do we need to leave?" I heard Michael say and Blaise glared over there.

    "No," I look at my two best friends and smile. "Everything's fine. Besides, it's my turn." I said and stood to bowl. I'm at the bottom of the carts in points. I'm terrible at this game! I mainly watched as Jason and Blaise fought over who had the better spin on the ball.

    "Skyler?" I heard a familiar voice say. I turn around and see Asher standing behind me. "Can we talk?" I feel a hand on my shoulder and turn to see Michael close by.

    "I'll be fine." I said and stood up. "Don't let Dustin take my turn!" Michael nodded and I left to go outside with Asher.

    "Skyler, I never meant to do anything of those things to you." I nodded and placed my hands in the pockets of my dress. Sweet glorious pockets!

    "What do you want Asher?" He sighed and I looked to the ground.

    "I'm sorry is all want to say. The time with out you has really been boring and I liked how it was before between us." I kept my eyes on the ground as I kicked a rock by my foot.

    "I realize that I might have over reacted about a lot of things but I wasn't lying when I said I didn't like the attention I was getting. I do still like you but... right now isn't the time. I have school in Florida. I need to get my life together before I can even think of being with anyone." I turned my head to him and I saw him nod.

    "Maybe at a different time right?" I nodded and he sighed.

    "I'm glade we didn't end things like they were." I smiled and I walked back into the bowling ally. I let out a breath I hadn't realized I was holding.

    "You okay Skyler?" Mackenzie said as I sat next to her. I nodded and then I hear the obnoxiously kind tone of Blaise's voice.

    "It's your turn Skyler!" I smiled a real genuine smile and I bowled again. I sneaked a peak over to Asher and I let out a sigh. It was a high school romance. Those kind of things don't usually last. I guess I always knew this would happen to us. But I really am glade we could end it on something other then that break up.

————————————————————
Hey!! So that is the end of this story! I know it's not a happy ending for them and you probably wanted something else but this is Skyler and Asher's story.

I have more stories coming so please go check them out!! I'm currently working on two other books and I'll post them when they are finished because posting one chapter at a time is literally tearing apart my mental stability!

Please comment and vote!

And I do have and epilogue planed for this so there's one last chapter!

Till next time!

Bye-bye👋🏻