Chapter One

Smooth and connected, beautiful and peaceful, sharp but still placed perfectly. This is what I live for! The ups and downs on a piano! The feeling of my fingers on the keys and the smooth sound of the notes together. It's all I ever wanted! I want to go down in history and if I continue the way I am I'll be there by the time I'm out of high school. I want to be there as soon as possible. All I had was a year and a half left.

   I don't really get noticed at school and I don't play the piano at my school. I wanted to join the choir but my parents are against music for some reason that I never understood.

   I'm not out going and I keep to myself. I sit in the back of my classes and I enjoy working alone. I'm passing my classes with A's and they've never dipped below.

   I do most of my practicing at the church across the street from my house. I remember when I first sat in front of that piano and naturally started playing the keys.

   It was my freshman year and my parents were fighting and I didn't want to hear it this time. I ran out of the house across the street to the church but I could still hear them screaming at each other.

   I walked around the building and luckily found an unlocked door. I went in and found a piano in one of the rooms. I was messing with the keys and it calmed me down and I felt the peace.

    "Excuse me Miss, but how did you get in here?" An elderly women came in and I quickly stood from the piano. She was smiling to me and she didn't seem angry at all.

   "I'm sorry, I was just messing around! I'm sorry." I said as fast as I could. I walked toward the other door in the room and tried to leave.

   "Hold on sweetie you're not in trouble." I turned and saw the lady smiling at me still. "Where did you learn to play like that?" She asked and I looked at the ground.

   "I didn't learn that anywhere I've never played before." She looked all surprised at me but her smile never left.

    "I was a piano teacher in my earlier years and not one have I heard someone with a talent like yours!" I looked up to her surprised to hear those words fall from her mouth. "Talent like yours shouldn't be wasted. If you're interested I wouldn't mind teaching you how to play incredible pieces of music that you never imagine you could do." I smiled to her but it quickly left my face.

    "I couldn't, my parents would never allow it. And I don't have the money to pay for-" she cut me off.

    "You don't need to pay me. I can't let talent like yours just slip through the cracks. And as for your parents, what they don't know won't kill them right?" She laughed. I smiled and took her offer.

    I've out grown even her skills on the piano but she continues to stay with me and giving me new things to play. My parents are oblivious to anything I do so they'll never learn about the lessons.

    I go through every week keeping my distance from the people in my school. I'm the invisible nobody. I only have two friends. They're great and all but they're both a little much for my shy personality. I mainly sit and listen to their conversation and they try to include me but it always ends in them fighting over something stupid like if my shirt is navy blue of black.

    I stay out of people's way and I rather stay as far as possible from anyone on the Cheer team. They might look like perfect angles but they are Bully Central at our school along with the football team. Don't get me wrong not everyone on the football team are jerks but definitely all the cheerleaders are. It's like a requirement to get on the team.

    My parents wanted me to join a sport at the beginning of my high school life but they once again forgot my existence and I never joined. My schedule is simple: