Chapter Twenty Three

I was sitting on the couch watching an episode of Friends late one night. My whole body was laid out like a starfish in front of the TV. I hear the front door open but don't move from my position I was finally comfortable and the ground was cold.

"Hey dad..." I sigh. He walks up to me and gives me a weird look.

"You're bored aren't you?" I nodded. "Well get up lets go see a movie."

"Only if it's a comedy." I say as I stand from the ground.

"Okay let's go." I get up, put some flats on, and brush threw my hair. I met my dad at the car and we head to the movies.

The ride was silent mostly. My Dad and I never really had time together like this. It was different and I guess we just didn't know how to talk to each other like this.

     We get in to the movies and we're quiet to each other. I look over to my dad and noticed he's just as shy as me. I smile to myself.

     When the movie ended we both walked out smiling. We talked about the movie for a little until we ran out of things to say. We were quite for a while.

    I wanted to talk with him but what do I say? I could actually tell him about my piano playing and maybe he'll understand and support me. But then I remembered he's the one pushing me to be a doctor. Even through I would be sick if I saw blood!

    "So, Skyler?" My dad said ending the silence and my thoughts. "What ever happened to that Asher boy that you would hang out with? I haven't seen him all summer.'

    "Oh, Asher's at his camp." My dad looked at me funny.

    "Camp?" He questioned.

    "Well it's not really a camp. It's for football, he the captain." My dad nodded in understanding.

    "Dating the football captain. How'd you get that to happen?" I ignored his jokingly rude comment and focused on how he knew I was dating Asher.

    "I'm sorry, what?" I asked. He laughed.

    "You know I can look out my room widow and see the front porch right?" I hide my face as I understood what he meant. He had see me kiss Asher before.

    "How long have you known?" I asked.

    "About a week after he first showed up at our door." I groan and my dad laughed at my agony. I guess my dad did pay attention before, even with mom and everything.

    "Wait, you would have totally freaked out if I was dating someone. Why didn't you freak out?" I asked and he just sighed.

    "Because I haven't been around for many of your life choices so I stayed out." I nodded understanding. "But I promise I'm here now. And when he gets back I'm going to talk to him like a normal dad." I smiled to him.

    "Thanks dad it means a lot." He looked to me and smiled. When we got home I walked strait to room and fell on to my bed. I was about to fall asleep when my phone started to ring. I groaned and took the call with out looking at the number. At this time of night I knew it was the two doppelgänger.

    "I swear I'll kill you two!" I yell into the phone.

    "I don't know who you think I am but it's nice to see Asher picked some one who can hold her own!" A familiar voice said. I looked down at the contact number. It wasn't saved to my phone.

    "Who is this?" I prayed it wasn't Creepy Cade.

    "It's Jason, I was the one who stole Asher's phone." He said with a little laughed.

    "So, this is your number?" I questioned.

    "Yeah I stole your number off Asher's phone while he was sleeping. The guy sleeps like a rock!" I chuckled a little. "So do I get to know your name?" My eyebrow raised in confusion.

    "Didn't you see it on Asher's phone?"

    "No the weirdo has your name down as Crazy Cat and there's a picture of a fat cat." I laughed.

    "Of course! Do I get to know why you called at 11 o'clock?" I asked looking at the clock.

    "Well Asher's passed out and you know us guys are idiots so I'm going to draw on his face! I was calling to try and get ideas." I had the perfect idea.

    "Cat whiskers, make his face look like a cat then on his forehead write Ally Cat." I smiled to myself.

    "Good, good! Okay...and done! I'm sending you a photo." The phone goes quiet and then I get a text it was Asher and his face was a cat! I laughed hard and loud!

    "Jason, who are you on the phone with?" I hear Asher say threw the phone.

    "A new friend. She just gave me the best idea!" Jason laughed.

    "Dude! Did you draw on my face?"

    "Yeah I did! My new friend told me what to draw. Isn't that right?" Jason said.

    "Yep that was all me." I said.

    "Are you talking to my girlfriend!" I hear Asher yell. I must have been on speaker.

    "We're friends now!" Jason laughed.

    "Okay then what's her name?" Asher challenged.

    "What's your name?" Jason asked. I hear Asher mumble something.

    "You don't know me so giving you my name would be pointless ." I said.

    "Oh come on!" Jason pleaded in the phone.

    "I'm going to sleep bye!"

    "Wait, wait! We are friends aren't we?" Jason asked.

    "You don't have to answer that babe!" Asher yelled. I laughed

    "Yes Jason, we can be friends." I rolled my eyes. "Now bye!" I hung up the phone only hearing Jason laughing. "What a weirdo!" I sighed and drifted off to sleep.

————————————————————
Hey! So Skyler's dad has known all along! Jason has Skyler's number! Is he going to be a problem? Will Skyler ever tell her dad about her playing piano? Will she tell Asher about college? Lots of questions and you may have more like why does my spelling and grammar stink? Well, I'm just terrible at it!

Please comment and like!

Till next time

Bye-bye👋🏻