Chapter 14

Today was Tuesday, I was dreading getting up off of my bed. I was terrified of the thought of spending any more time with Mr.Porter. It would mean we'd be one day closer to me having to decide how I felt about him. In all reality, I think Mr.Porter was right. I do think I would say yes. I mean, I have had no problems spending my days with him, in fact, I had been enjoying them.

The only thing that I'm worried about is how to keep us hidden from the world, from Eric, from my mom. Speaking of Eric, what was I supposed to do about him. I flipped onto my side in bed and grabbed my phone. I scrolled through my notifications until I saw a text from Mr.Porter.

"Hey, cutie! It's rise and shine time. I can't wait to see your beautiful face today." I felt my heart flutter and I smiled and continued to scroll through them. I stopped at Eric.

"Hey, I hope today you are feeling good! Looking forward to our date, although I'm starting to think it's just not going to happen." I frowned and sent a text back.

"How's today for our date?" I locked my phone and jumped up from the bed. I would have to look absolutely stunning today. I had two men to wow. I took a shower and brushed my teeth. When I was ready to get dressed I went through my closet, judging every piece of clothing my hand touched. I finally settled on a pair of high wasted blue jean shorts and a gray crop top. I straightened my hair and applied makeup. Today I put on highlight and mascara.

I still looked too plain, I added a necklace and white cardigan to the outfit and finally the look felt complete. I put on a pair of converse and sat down on my bed waiting for a text back or Amber. Whichever came first. I heard a honk from outside so I grabbed my bag and ran down the stairs. I opened the door and said bye to my family in the kitchen on the way out.

When I got into her car she greeted me with a smile and I gladly returned it. "Good morning my beautiful best friend! How are you this fine morning?" My smile faded and turned into a confused glare.

"What's up with you?" I watched her cautiously as she reached into her backseat and practically threw her backpack on me. "What?"

"Look inside it." She gestured. I rolled my eyes and opened the bag and looked inside. Inside the biggest pouch was a makeup bag. I pulled it out and she nodded. I opened it and when I saw what was inside, I inhaled deeply. There was a plastic bag with about 4 or 5 grams of weed inside it. I looked at her and smiled. "Keep going."

I looked into her backpack again and pulled out a folded shirt and underneath it was a bottle of Jack Daniel's and Patron. A grin spread across my face and I looked at her. "What's the occasion?"

"You remember when I had to take you home really early from school?" She pauses for my reply and I simply nodded. "Well, I went to court to see if I'm going to live with my mom or my dad. I get to stay with my dad, my mom is moving like 2 hours away. I really thought she was gonna win custody of me but my dad did. So we're cele-" I cut her off as I lunged at her and embraced her tightly in my arms.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I breathed out and squeezed her even tighter.

"You're my best friend. I didn't want you to worry." She explains. I sigh as she hugs me back just as tight. "Anyways, we're celebrating my staying. Me, you, Asher, Christy, and Chad are gonna celebrate. They're bringing rillos and a bottle of vodka." I pulled away and grinned.

"Sounds perfect." I paused. "I'm so glad you're staying. She just looked at me and smiled, pulling out of my driveway. She had grabbed my hand so the whole way, our fingers were entwined and I couldn't stop thinking about what would have happened if her mom had won custody. I would've lost my best friend, that'd be heartbreaking.

Amber's and I's friendship may seem shallow, like all we do is talk about relationships and sex and how to dress for dates, but that's only on the surface. Our relationship goes so much deeper. She has helped me through some major things, like my dad leaving and Sarah walking out of my life and becoming the bitch that she is now. She was the one I went to when I started my period and I was too embarrassed to tell my mom. Amber can be really mean sometimes to people but to me, she is undyingly loyal and unconditionally loving. I literally could not ask for a better best friend. She's super supportive beyond words and gets my humor more than anyone. When I think about the best person to ever lay foot on this Earth, it's her.

Tears began to sting at my eyes so I blinked rapidly to force them away. When we pulled up to school she put on her backpack and we began to walk to the park right next to our school. "They're already there waiting for us." I silently nodded my head at her. We walked hand in hand to the park and right when I saw them sitting at a table I pulled her to a stop and just pulled her to me. I hugged her and sniffled as I did.

"Awe babes." She chuckled but it was that kind of sad laugh where you can hear them cry under it. "I know what you're thinking. I thought about it too! I love you so much." She squeezed me harder.

"I love you, even more, now we have to stop crying. My mascara is gonna run." She nodded and we pulled apart and wiped our tears away. I reassuringly smiled at her and we finally made our way to the park bench table.

When we got there they all stood up and hugged Amber. I sat down and waited for everyone to finish. When they sat down it was quiet for a split second. I clapped and threw my hands up, "So when we getting started?"

2 blunts and 3 grams of weed in a bong later we had moved on to the drinks. We were all laughing while the drinks got passed around.  Three of us had the drinks, two of the drinks were spread apart by one person and two of them were right next to each other. There was no reason for us to be laughing but we were halfway done with all of the drinks so we just couldn't help it.

Chad pulled out his phone and got on snapchat. He took a picture and me and Amber held the bottles in our hands up. When he went to go put a sticker, Christy pointed at the one with the time. She gasped and then Amber gasped too.

"What?" I asked curiously. "School has been started for like 2 hours." We were all silent and then started laughing again.

"Guys, what are we doing?" Christy asked us. "We can't miss any more days and we all know it!" Chad smiled at her and rummaged around in his back for something.

"I bought two different flavors of the gigantic mouthwash. We're all good!" He used both his hands to hold up bottles bigger than his entire head.

We all passed one around and swished it vigorously until it got back to us. Then we'd spit it out and do it all over again. It took about ten minutes for both the bottles to be empty. The Amber pulled off her shirt and pulled on the shirt that was in her backpack. The rest did the same, but I hadn't brought an extra shirt because I wasn't informed of the plan.

I probably reeked of weed and alcohol. What was I supposed to do?! We clearly didn't think this through clearly. Well they did, I hadn't. I used both Amber's and Christy's perfume to make it super strong so it masks the smell for a couple of minute. Enough time to get into school and find someone with an extra shirt or hoodie.

I sent a snap to all of my friends on Snapchat. I ended up getting like 5 people saying they had something I could use. One of the people was Eric. He said he had his soccer practice clothes. He said they were clean and that he could just practice in his actual clothes. They were just going over plays anyways.

I took him up on his offer and I met him in the locker rooms hall. He rushed out with his clothes and handed them to me.

"You smell like it so much!" He exclaimed. I laughed a lot and asked him really. He nodded and pushed me into the girls locker room.