Chapter 9

The next day wasn't what I was hoping for. I woke up with a ache in my whole body and a fever. My mom let me stay home after I threw up for a straight 15 minutes. I don't even know how that's physically possible. I was going to miss the pep rally and my date with Eric. I was super bummed.

I spent the day on the couch watching TV. I watched Stranger Things season 2 all in just this day and I don't regret it. It was amazing! My phone rang and I looked at it. It was Mr.Porter.

"Hello Samantha, where were you during my class? I figured you were practicing for the pep rally but when the class went, I didn't see you. Are you okay?" His voice rings through the phone.

"I'm sorry, Mr.Porter. I'm sick and I couldn't come to school today." I apologized, sniffing.

"Are you okay? I'm coming over, do you want something to eat?" He asks me and I can hear him moving around, probably gathering all of his stuff.

"No, I'm okay." I would've told him not to come over because my siblings would be here, but mom made sure they had a play date so I could rest.

"Okay, I'll be there soon, princess." The phone hung up and I sighed. I looked like a complete mess.

I got up and hopped in the shower to rinse my body off. I didn't want to put a lot of effort in this day. I got out and put on a new set of undergarments. I threw on some Adidas joggers and a t-shirt. I brushed my hair and then put it up in a pony tail. No make up today. I went back downstairs and laid on the couch to wait for him to get here.

My phone dinged and I looked at it. It was a text from Eric.

Hey strawberry. Are we still on for tonight?

I frowned and started typing. No, I'm sorry. I'm sick.

My phone rang again, but this time it was Eric. I answered it and his voice was laced with concern.

"Hey, are you okay? Is there anything I can do?"

I shook my head in response. "No, thank you though. If you're still at school can you just get all of my work from my teachers and then bring it by?" I asked him.

"Yeah, sure. Can you just text me your teachers and I'll stop by with as much of it as I get?" He replies.

"Yeah." There's a knock at the door and I get up to answer it. I open the door and smile at Mr.Porter while still talking. "Thank you, I really appreciate it. And I'm sorry that we couldn't go on our date." I turn around and walk back to the couch. "Rain check?"

"Yeah, of course."

I chuckle. "Great. I'll text you their names. Your a life saver. Okay bye."

"Bye strawberry." I hang up the phone and turn to Mr.Porter standing in the doorway with a bag of food in his hand.

"I told you I didn't need anything." I smile at him and walk towards him.

"I know, but just in case." He pulls me to him and kisses my forehead. "How ya feeling princess?"

"Eh, I'm okay. Just in a little bit of pain." I sigh. I watch him as he sits down at the couch with the bag in his hand.

"Come here." He pats the spot right next to him and I sit down, propping my legs up on his. He smiles. "I'm happy that you're getting more comfortable with me." I giggle and just smile at him.

"I'm happy that you brought food even though I said no. I threw up so much, I'm pretty hungry." I smile.

"You threw up?" He exclaims. His hands move to my stomach and he rubs it. I nod and he leans down towards it. "Don't do that anymore belly." He pokes it. "That's a very bad thing to do and I don't appreciate it. She's a princess, make sure you treat her like one." He sits up with a satisfied smile on his face.