Chapter 2

OUTFIT ABOVE

Bootleg: especially liquor made, distributed or sold illegally

It's finally the weekend and guess what I have to do? Work. I was super excited to sleep in because I was going to go to work at 5, but instead they called me in at 11. I work at an Adidas store so it's not like it's a ton of work, but school is, and I'd love to sleep really good every now and then.

Anyways, I'm at home getting ready for work when I get a call. It's Amber so I pick it up and put it on speaker. "Hey babes," she chirps happily.

"Hey! Why are you up so early?" I ask surprised. Amber is big for sleeping in, especially on the weekends.

"I could ask you the very same thing, but I'm not going to." She says sassy.

"Alright, alright, alright. And I'm going to work."

"But I thought you were supposed to go in at 5?" She says confused.

"Yeah, so did I." I roll my eyes.

"Oh, have you decided about the extra credit thing?" She asks, she couldn't have worse timing.

"No, I haven't. God, Amber, that'll just be less sleep." I groan.

"Yeah, but more things to put on your college application." She says in a sing-songy voice.

I sigh. "You're so right."

"Of course I am," she laughs, "oh, and thank you for asking. Kyle and I are doing absolutely amazing."

"You're so very welcome. Oh, that's why you're up so early. It's y'alls seventh month being together. How cute." I tease.

"You're just jealous because I have someone and you don't."

"Of course I do. I have you babes."

"Awe you're so right." She laughs, mocking me.

"Whatever, I gotta go to work. Bye."

"Bye, babes." She replies before I hang up.

I take a shower and get dressed before I make my way downstairs. I grab a banana and then walk into my mom's room.

"Mom, I have to go to work," I peak my head inside her room.

"Take the car." She mumbles into the pillow.

"I don't have my license." I sigh. My mom won't take me to take the test, and everytime I ask Amber she's always busy.

"Take mine." I give up and groan, taking her car keys out of her purse. I want starbucks, so I run back upstairs and grab ten dollars.

I get into the car and drive to the starbucks near my job and order a large vanilla bean. After I got my drink, I made my way to work while eating my banana and drinking my starbucks.

~~~

I've been at work for about four hours already, and I seriously think I'm going to die from boredom. I'm hanging up some clothes when I hear a man calling me from down the aisle.

"Excuse me? Ma'am?" The voice says, making me turn around.

"Yes?" I hang the rest of the clothes up. When I see who it is, I'm startled. "Oh, Mr. Porter, hi. What are you doing here?" I chuckle nervously and adjust my hair.

"I shop too, you know?" He smiles and it's such a cute smile.

"Well yeah, I know that." I blush, embarrassed. "But I've never seen you dress in anything besides what you always dress in. Anyways, what can I help you with?"