Chapter 10: The Sweetest Thing

My friends all

Catch me

blushing,

Smiling hard,

& Gushing,

Just my luck;

I'm prolly

Crushing...!

Fixing my hair,

Triple check

My teeth..

Won't catch me

Slipping;

There's the chance

We might meet.

& lately

I'm a sneak

Tryna steal a peek

I may be

Crazy about you!;

God bless

the angels

That found you,

& ushered you

to me;

Think of you,

When I rise

& as

I fall

to sleep

The thoughts

Don't seem to cease

So I think

It's meant to be

& every time we speak,

I'm lifted

off my feet,

& your lips,

taste so sweet..!

Free falling,

In this grace

I've found...

Promise

you'll catch me;

& don't let me down--

-Amara Tyler®

Tuesday, August 12th

It was that time again and nothing seemed different to the naked eye but everything had changed. This was only the beginning.

"Good morning Donte." I spoke as normal as I could.

I didn't yell it as usual and I followed it with a smile. Not to big of a smile though. He looked up and smiled.

"Good morning."

We shared a split second look at each other afterwards that felt like an eternity. His eyes were big and dark but not scary, they were full of love. Soft, caring, intense, and irresistible... How could I not notice it before. They were happy. He looked away first.

The rest of the day went smoothly but I kept finding myself looking through the window into the kitchen. When I got food I lingered there a bit, and when I had questions I addressed him specifically. It was completely unknown. My body was doing something my mind didn't tell it to. It was an uncontrollable force of nature. The day was approaching an end though and when I went to check my phone I had a few text from Jordan. I was suppose to hangout with him after work today and honestly I completely forgot.