Chapter 9: Location

Donte's POV

2 weeks ago

"Donte, can you handle the catering while I go pick Christin up for work? She doesn't have a car."

"Uh, Yeah I guess. But shit I can pick her up... If you want me to."

I didn't want to be in there anyway, I hate catering. I'm going to run this clock up to! So of course I'd go get her. Plus this is a chance for me to get a little closer to her. She is a cute girl.... and she won't shut up.

"Oh, thank you."

When I pulled up to the house she was sitting outside waiting. She stared at the car for awhile before getting up so I am glad my car was clean and polished. I realized she probably didn't know it was me so I guess I could let down the tinted window.

"Wassup" as I head nodded.

She started walking toward the car and even though she smiled, she didn't look happy about it. I was a bit anxious because I finally got a girl in my car after all this time. I didn't have many friends and no girlfriend. At work, I wondered why she always singled me out. I didn't like it, I was working, and I thought it was annoying. This was different. We were outside of work for the first time and I hoped she would have the same willing conversation because I was beginning to like her. I was a little... curious.

"Good Morning, thank you for coming to get me. I'm sorry Eaton pushed it off on you." she said as soon as she got in the car.

"Wassup, I offered to come get you." I really didn't mind.

"T-thanks."

"No problem." She didn't say anything else so to break the ice I asked "What happen to your car?"

"Nothing, my mom is driving it today.... We share a car."

I couldn't think of anything else to say so I just turned on my spotify. I hope she would likes my type of music but i'm also not going to play anything ratchet. She didn't really say anything, she was singing quietly and looking out of the window. As usual, I don't know what to say. She did say she was sharing her car through... shit, this might give me a chance to pick her up more often and then I could get to know her! I needed a friend. We pulled up to work and I was about to give her my number when she jumped right out of the car before I had a chance. When I got inside I wrote my number down on paper and handed it to her.

"Here is my number. The next time you need a ride to work you can call me."

This was a good idea! Now I just have to wait for a phone call.

Monday, August I was lingering around the registers, talking to Eaton when I heard someone come through the door.

"Hello!"

It was Christin. I had given her my number three weeks ago and she had never called. I was beginning to think she really didn't like me. That's ok, I'll just ask.

"You never used my number ." I said trying to not sound to curious.

"Yeah, sorry about that." she replied smiling.

I definitely didn't want to seem like I was begging so I just walked away. If she doesn't like me then too bad. As soon as I got on the line to start working, I got a text. My phone was sitting right on the counter so I saw It said Christin.

"Oh shit!" I whispered to myself.

She texted me. I checked the phone.

'I know it has been a long time, I'm really sorry, but I do have your phone charger.'