Chapter 71

Coulson was forcing Asia to the hospital, regardless of her protests. If she was being truthful to herself, it was probably a good idea anyways. She had lost a lot of blood, something in her shoulder still felt wrong, and her head was on fire. And, she would be able to see Leo. That was her one condition. That when Fury escorted her via helicopter to the hospital, that it be the same one Leo Fitz was residing in.

It wasn't a hard bargain to strike. When they lifted off out of whatever deranged base Garrett had been holding her captive in, she tucked herself into her seat, wrapped up in a SHIELD issue blanket, and fell into a deep sleep. It felt so good to sleep without worry for a moment.

When she woke, she was in a hospital bed, an IV inserted into her arm. Her head felt like a pound of bricks, and she could feel a sling on her shoulder. And stitches. Stitches that burned like beestings. They must have taken care of her while she was passed out. Fury must have seen to it. And somewhere, inside this hospital she was residing in, was Leopold Fitz. She tried to sit up and winced in pain.

A nurse rushed into the room right as Asia was propping herself into a sitting position. "Oh goodness," he said, eyes widening in shock. "You're awake!" He moved over to the bedside, setting a clipboard on the table beside her. "We certainly didn't think you'd be awake by now. How are you feeling?"

"Fine," Asia muttered back, her voice cracking. "I need to ask you about another patient here I...I need to be taken to him, please," she said, trying to sound as if she had authority.

The nurse stopped, looking back at her charts. "I'm not sure that's a good idea right now. We've just set all your stitches a bit ago, I would hate for them to open back up. And you've had a pretty rough go. Your body is exhausted and has been very physically abused."

Asia sat up straighter, looking the man in the eyes. "I'm not going to run around, I'm not going to overexert myself. I just need to see patient Leo Fitz right now. And I think you know who I am, and I think you know that if you tried, you wouldn't be able to stop me." she said slowly and evenly. She really didn't want to hurt the guy, he seemed nice and dedicated to his job. But she needed to see Leo, to know he was alright. If not...she could never forgive herself.

The nurse looked at her, then sighed. "Fine. But you don't tell anyone I helped you with this." He said, holding out his arm so she could get out of bed. Using his aid, she stood up.

Looking down at herself, she saw she was still is some gaudy hospital gown. "Um...where did my clothes wind up?" she asked. She wasn't about to parade around the building with her butt hanging out. That would be just too ridiculously embarrassing for her to handle.

"Oh here," the nurse said, moving over to a chair in the corner of the room and picking them up. "Your coworkers sent some new things over for you, clean stuff, looks pretty comfortable." He handed the clothes over to her, then grabbed her wrist and carefully removed her IV. "Alright, I'll give you a moment to change, I'll be right outside when you're ready."

Asia set the clothes down and laid them out in front of her, looking at what she had been left. It was nothing much, a pair of her own leggings and a SHIELD issue zipup, and one of her tanktops. Skye must have gone to her bunk and collected her clothes for her. She smiled a little at the thought and carefully began to dress herself, moving each bit of fabric ever so carefully so as not to hurt her stitches that covered her body like a patchwork quilt. At least this way she could cover most of them up. She would have to remember to run the scars with honey once the wounds were healed up. Instead of putting her arms through the jacket, due to her sling, she just left it hanging over her shoulders like a protective blanket.

When she was finally ready, she stepped out of the small hospital room and met the nurse waiting patiently outside. "Take me to him, please," she said softly, not able to look the man in the eye now. All she wanted in the world was to see Leo. All she could see when she pictured him was the look on his face when he fell out of that plane and it made her wanted to implode.