Chapter 50

It wasn't difficult for them to sneak off of the Bus, what with Leo's not-entirely-legally sanctioned device which could cut through nearly all matierals. After dropping out of the floor of the bus through a small vent, a hole was cut in the floor leading into one of the lower tunnels of the Hub. The lights were on dimly, but it was enough to see their way through. Then, the team was split up, Ward and Skye going off on their own to blow up the computer and security systems.

"Remember," Coulson said to Leo, Asia, and Garrett, "These guys are under orders. Icers only. We don't want to go around killing everyone we see." May, who was still handcuffed, grunted.

"Phil," she said, holding up her cuffed wrists. "I can help you. But you need to--"

Coulson cut her off. "No, you're staying cuffed until we figure this whole mess out."

The surveillance room was their final destination, until they were able to get eyes on Jemma and Trip. The plan was carefully set out. Garrett, Asia, and Leo would pretend to be guards. They were hoping they could easily confuse the agents inside the surveillance room that they were soldiers for a brief moment until they were able to take over.

They waited in the elevator, heads down, hiding their notable faces, then buzzed the button to enter the closed doors. As the locks buzzed to open up, they shoved the two false prisoners through and into the room.

An eager gaurd scrambled over towards them. "Do you need anything? Medical assistance?" The guard asked concerned.

Garrett looked up flashing a grin, "Nothing but your sidearm, son." Garrett quickly took out the guard, while Asia grabbed one around the neck, quickly causing him to pass out, and Leo and Coulson Iced the other two.

"Fitz, find them on the cameras," Coulson ordered. The Scottsman hurried to a computer, muttering to himself as he quickly typed. Asia stood near him, setting her Icer down on the desk and looking at the other camera screens, her stomach still filled with dread. This whole thing still felt off.

With her eyes crawling over the screens, she spotted that familiar tackily dyed hair that she detested. "There's Hand. East wing, moving fast."

"I've said it before, I'll say it again, let's take the bitch out. That'll be the easiest and quickest way to get your agent back," Garrett suggested, scowling down at the screen.

"Thats an option, if it gets Simmons back," Leo pipped up, still scrolling through cameras, barely even recognizing he may have just condoned the murder of a possibly fellow SHIELD agent.

That was right around the moment when Garrett and Coulson began to argue. Asia looked over to May, who stood beside her.

"What are you looking at?" The older agent muttered, eyes narrowing. While she didn't know for a certainty, she was pretty damn sure Agent Monroe was also reporting to someone outside their team, namely, a red haired assassin and her bird boy duo.

"I don't think you need to be in those, is all," Asia said, nodding her head towards the hand cuffs. "You don't do us any good if you aren't able to fight."

"You and I agree on that," May said flatly, looking down at her hands, then up at Monroe, raising one eyebrow, silently asking her question.

Taking a deep breath and glancing back at Coulson and Garrett, who were far too busy arguing to notice her, she grabbed May's cuffs, quickly undoing the restraints. "Don't say I never did anything for you," she whispered as she did so.

Suddenly, the heaviness of silence hit her ears. She turned back towards Coulson, absolutely certain she got caught, expecting his eyes to be narrowed upon her. But instead, he was staring so intently at Garrett, who had turned to look at the monitors, that she thought he might burn a hole through his skull.

"I never told anyone that," Coulson said, eerily quiet, causing Garrett to look back up at him quizzically. "I never told anyone that Raina had been forced into the machine either. Not a soul."

"I probably read it in a report," Garrett shook off Coulson's pressing statements.

Asia looked at May, then at Leo, who she now realized was far too close to Garrett for her comfort. Something was wrong. How did Garrett know? Asia didn't even know. None of her teammates did either, by the looks of things.

"You weren't there with us, you showed up right after...there's no way," Coulson muttered, piecing together a picture in his mind, everything beginning to fall right into place. "After Skye and Agent Monroe were captured, that bastard Quinn said it was so I could lead the Clairvoyant to the cure, the same cure that saved my life, and I did...." His eyes widened, realization hitting him like a slap to the face. Asia moved closer to Leo, her fists starting to clench into fists. "I walked you right up into that facility with me."

Garrett laughed, a large, belly aching laugh, trying to wave off Coulson's accusations, but the fellow agent simply stared him down. Garrett sighed, shaking his head. "Damnit," he muttered to himself, then grinned.

Suddenly, a team full of agents, all dressed in black, guns raised and at the ready, burst through the doors, sights lined up on the five SHIELD agents in the surveillance room. "Hands up, hands up!" They shouted, "Weapons down!" Immediately, all five pairs of hands shot into the air, like kids caught with their hands in the cookie jar.

"You need to take Agent Garrett into custody, immediately!" Coulson began to order. "We are not the enemy, but he is. He has been the real Clairvoyant, all along. He is an enemy of SHIELD, a traitor."

Garrett grinned and began to speak himself. "Now, I know damn well Agent Sitwell was in charge of filling your ranks." The name brought back memories for Asia, of Jemma being ridiculously bad at lying, at shooting a fellow agent with an ICER while they broke into secure files. What the hell was that man mixed up in? She didn't get a chance to think long on it, for Garrett kept speaking. "A few of you should know what to do in this situation."

None of the soldiers moved, and Asia furrowed her brow, glancing at her teammates, trying to analyze their options for escape. They were all slim.

"Any time now boys," Garrett urged, and gunfire rang out. Three of the soldiers fell to the floor, bleeding, probably dead and if not, damn well close. Asia stared at Garrett, wide eyed, mouth drop open, and the agent grinned and said loudly, proudly, "Hail fucking Hydra."