Chapter 31

Two. Two gunshots. She was pretty sure it was two, but she wasn't all that sure. Was she still upside down? Her head hurt. Her vision was thick and red and everything was slow, slow, and sluggish. She was dying, she was pretty sure. That had to be what this felt like. Someone walked past her, loud, clompy, not looking at her. Another figure followed, grey, cold, evil. She could feel the evil.

Quinn.

He bent down. Maybe. Looking at her, shaking the gun in her face. "Plenty left for you later," he said in a sing song voice before disappearing. Did he disappear? Was he even there at all? Asia wasn't so sure anymore. Maybe it was all her imagination. Maybe she was already gone.

All she was sure of was she needed to get to Skye.

She thought perhaps she was trying to pull at her restraints. Was she? She wasn't sure. Everything hurt. There was so much blood, so much red. Suddenly, the double doors in front of her, the one's which lead outside, lead to freedom, were opened wide. She could make out figures in black and gasps of shock.

"Get her down, now!" She heard Coulson order. Was it really him? She couldn't tell, everything was still too blurry, too red, too swollen. She couldn't quite tell, but she could feel someone moving near her hands, releasing her wrists. Her arms fell limp, hanging past her ears.

And then Leo was there, and she knew for sure it was him. Pretty sure. He whispered in her ear. "There, there, I got ya., you're ok now." He held up her body while someone else released her legs from the barbs and chains and she crumpled into him. Part of her was worried she would get blood on him, but she couldn't move enough to do anything about it. "Oh, shh, don't you move now," He could hear a small waver in his voice, sense his fear. "That piece of shit did quite a number on you but it's ok, we're here now. I should beat the living hell out of him for doing this."

"Skye," she whispered. "Get to Skye, please." Leo was dabbing at her face with a Kleenex, clearing the blood from her eyes, her nose. She could see, she could breath. She looked up at him and saw her own destroyed figure reflected in his eyes. "Leo, he shot her."

"May, we've got a problem!" Leo called out and May hurried over. "She says he shot Skye, we need to get to her." He turned back towards Asia, not wanting to let her go. He cradled her in his arms, her blood covering his shirt and his pants, seeping onto his skin. They needed Jemma, and they needed her now. Before it was too late.

Suddenly, Coulson went running by. "He shot Skye!" Was all he said before disappearing down the hall. Asia gritted her teeth, rolling out of Leo's arms and pressing herself against the wall, using it as support, forcing her weak body upright, dragging herself forward along the wall, leaving a trail of red against the yellow paint. In an instant, Leo was at her side again, putting her arm over his shoulder and his hand on her waist, helping her hobble along.

Ward was with them in an instant, supporting Asia by the other side, Jemma following worriedly behind them. "I will get you patched right up, Asia, don't you worry." But her voice sounded anything but sincere, rather filled with worry that perhaps she couldn't fix all of this. Maybe they were in over their heads.

And then Coulson was shouting, and they were in the room where Skye lay unconscious, blood pooling from her abdomen, lips turning blue.

"Oh. God." Was all Asia could say before she crumpled to the ground, crawling towards Skye, reaching a hand out for her. Before she could get to her friend, Ward and Coulson were lifting her up, placing her in some sort of chamber. This was all her fault. All Asia could feel, could hear, were those words, over and over: "all my fault." Leo stood next to her and she clung to his legs from her spot on the ground, sobbing into his pant leg, her tears running red with her own blood.

This was all her fault.