Moving forward

Time has moved along gradually. Life has been good. Both of my lawsuits are settled and I got a combined 10 million. 5 million for each lawsuit. Natsu's dad does amazing work. I gave him a million dollars as a thank you on top of his normal fees. He tried to reject it but I insisted. He deserves it for all his hard work.

He's even helping me invest it so it will grow. I have stocks and bonds and high interest savings accounts thanks to him. Him and mom have been amazing to me this whole time and I couldn't be happier to have them. Natsu has been there for me 24/7. He hardly leaves my side except for class. Speaking of classes we both almost have perfect grades thanks to us helping each other out every day after school. Prom and graduation are just around the corner now.

Oh you should of seen everyone's faces when we came back from winter break wearing rings. Some people thought we got married over the break but others knew they were promise rings. Grey and Gajeel nearly fainted seeing us with promise rings. They were happy of course but also surprised. They didn't expect us to move along so quickly.

Oh and I've also reached my goal weight! I look and feel like a complete different person. But that new body comes with new cat calls and plenty of growls from my protective boyfriend. In case your wondering yes we did tell Grey and Gajeel about the rape. They were heartbroken but offered lots of support for both of us. They said to invite them to any future parties so they can help keep me safe.

Natsu at first took it as a insult then relaxed and said he will consider it. We honestly don't know about future parties right now. After the last two I feel traumatized and so does natsu.

Time skip
Prom night! With the help of Levy and Juvia I found the perfect prom dress and grey and Gajeel helped natsu find his suit. We both agreed on red since red is our favorite color. Natsu somehow managed to find a suit with flames on it and a dragon on the back and I found one that matched! We didn't even know it until we got home and showed each other. It was a sight to see when we held up the garments.

Everyone was surprised and we said "great minds think alike!" And then fell on the floor laughing while our friends shook their heads at us.

"They're made for each other" grey said

"Yep." Everyone else agreed in unison

Then they turned around to leave.

"Bye were going to get ready! See you love birds at prom!" Grey says

"Bye guys! Thanks for the help!" Natsu yells.

"Alright then let's get ready!" You say excitedly natsu nods and you guys start getting ready.

After about 2 hours your done. Hair and makeup as well as dress. Natsu is ready to with his hair combed but still spiked and his suit looks great! You both head down stairs together hand in hand and mom starts snapping pictures. We just look at each other and smile. We knew she was going to take a million pictures.

"Pose for me!" She orders

We do different couples poses and then leave.

"Bye you two! Have fun and be safe!" Dad yells.

"Bye dad! Bye mom! We'll be back safe don't worry!" Natsu yells.

The theme for the prom was mythology. So we had our matching dragon outfits on for a chance to win the prize for best outfits. We also got entered into the prom king and queen contest. Prom is honestly something I was and wasn't looking forward to. It was a party and I'm not comfortable with parties but I insisted we go because we only get one prom in our lifetime. The whole night me and natsu were practically attached at the hip.

We even escorted each other to the bathroom. But when natsu went in I got surrounded by guys trying to hit on me. Natsu luckily didn't take long in there so he scared them off as soon as he got out. All it took was a look and they ran off. It was actually pretty funny. We danced and ate and when the slow dances came on we slow danced. We were in a daze until we heard the announcements. We didn't win for best outfits. Bummer.

"And now the moment you've all been waiting for! This years prom king and queen are......Natsu and
Y/N!" I jumped for joy and we rushed the stage.

We got our crowns and sashes as people cheered. Grey and Juvia as well and Gajeel and Levy were the loudest.

We did our slow dance and stayed a extra hour until we decided to go home.

"Mom! Dad! We're home!" Natsu yelled. They came to the staircase before we could get up there.

"Look! We were crowned prom king and queen!" I squeal with excitement.

"I have to get the camera!" Mom yelled.

She came back quick as a flash and took a million pictures. We even posed for some.

We then headed to our room to change clothes. Of course having some fun with the crowns and sashes.

After prom there was only a week left of school then it was graduation. Me and natsu graduated with honors. It was amazing to hear his parents cheer for both of us. But heartbreaking knowing I had no one from my family there. No one to see how far I've come. I promised that day to rise to the top and never look back. I promise to give my family the same treatment they gave me. My family now is natsu and his family.

"We have a special surprise for you all today!" I was brought out of my train of thought by the principal.
She motions to the corner of the stage.

Natsu comes walking up and grabs the microphone. "Thank You principle Mavis." She smiles and walks away. What are you doing natsu? He walks off stage and walks over to me. Oh no. I have a gut feeling he's going to make me so embarrassed.

"Y/N, I never knew before what you were like. In fact I used to bully you or straight up ignore you. I never gave you the time of day until I was forced to by Mr. Guildarts for that project. That month long 50 page essay that would change our lives forever. Because of that project I gained a life long partner and a life long companion. We have been through many hardships together and have come out stronger. And I'm ready to face anything life throws at me with you by my side. Y/N...." he gets down on one knee and pulls out a box and everyone gasps. "Will you marry me?" He asks.

"Yes!" I yell at the top of my lungs.

Everyone cheers and claps. Natsu removes the promise ring and replaces it with a wedding ring. I tackle him to the ground and kiss him while everyone laughs and comes to congratulate us.

My life is complete. Right?