Ch. 10 - Inside

Hyemi P.O.V 

My eyes widen. "Why?"

He looks at me with anxious eyes. "Jin hyung and Yoongi hyung decided to go to the army earlier than expected."

I gasp. "Is there a particular reason? I thought you all would wait until you were 30!"

He shakes his head. "I think they just want to take a break from a celebrity's life." He pauses. "I think I might go with them," he adds quietly. 

I freeze, not sure if I heard him correctly. "You...you want join them?" I whisper.

He nods and stares at the ground. "I'm not one-hundred percent sure, but I would like to go to the army with Yoongi hyung. We haven't told PD-nim yet." 

I nod slowly. "When?" 

He rubs the back of his neck. "W-we don't know yet. Maybe a year after the tour? We haven't thought about it a lot." He looks at me in the eyes. "Please don't tell anyone. I've only told you and Hana."

"Okay," I sigh, trying to comprehend. "But I advise that you think this through. This is your career you're talking about. You won't know if ARMY will still be there for you after two years. People are unpredictable," I warn him. 

He nods and gives me a thin smile. "Thanks, Hyemi." 

I pat him on the back. "Anytime. Talk to me whenever you want." 

As if on cue, Manager Min shouts, "Alright, intermission's over! Let's go!" 

We stand up and I check him over one more time. We lock eyes and I fake a smile, hiding my worry. "Fighting, Jimin!" 

He nods and gets on the rising platform with the boys, straightening his mic. I wave at him one last time before he disappears onto the stage, into the cheering of the crowd. 

This time, I politely decline Soomi's invitation to sit with her, saying that I have to clean up. Instead, I wander to one of the waiting rooms and sit on the couch. Jin and Hoseok's stylists were also in the room, waving at me when I sat down. I nodded politely, acknowledging their presence. 

What were their names again? Nora? Noah? Lydia? Linda? 

I shake my head. 

Whatever. 

I put my elbows on my knees and hold my forehead in my hands, thinking. 

The sound of the crowd is still audible in the room, echoing off the walls, making it hard to think. 

Will I no longer be needed after Jimin is gone? 

Is Jimin ready?

Questions are running through my head, making me confused. I sigh and lean back on the couch, closing my eyes.

Should I try to change his mind?

I know it's selfish of me to think of my career first, but this is my life. I just got my dream job and I don't want to lose it. Yes, I should be thinking about BTS and Jimin and BigHit, but I need to comprehend what's happening and what will happen. 

But the is Jimin's life, to. 

I stare at the ceiling and weigh my options. 

Option One: I can try to persuade the older boys and Jimin to stay for a few more years, although I don't think they'll listen to a makeup artist. 

Option Two: I could tell PD-nim and let him deal with it but possibly upset Jimin

Option Three: Stay by his side and support him. 

The answer is obvious. 

I frown, knowing that this will be hard. Staying by his side was going to make me question my mentality, since I already had enough trouble dealing with him during the day. 

He makes my life so difficult. 

My anxiety is starting to get to me and I try to escape this situation before it gets too far. 

I do the only thing I can think of. 

I dash out of the waiting room to find Soomi, who is still watching the boys. 

"Hey Soomi, do you know what time they'll be done performing?" I gasp, trying to control my breathing. Soomi pauses and thinks for a bit. 

"Maybe in fifteen minutes, give or take." She gives me a concerned looks. "Are you okay?" 

I nod. "Yeah, I'm fine. I'm going to get a cup of coffee. Be back in ten." 

"Okay. I'll tell Manager Min for you." 

"Thank you!" I grab my purse and dash out of the arena, using the hidden back entrance for employees and idols. I locate a certain cafe and sprint to it, slightly hyperventilating. Once I get to the cafe, I open the door and plop down on a chair, putting my head in my hands. I groan and let out all of my frustrations. As if on cue, a fluffy ball of white pounces on my lap and starts purring, making me smile. I pet the kitty, scratching it while soothing myself with the rhythmic strokes. 

Yes, I went to a cat cafe.  

I look down at the cat, who is purring up a storm, eyes closed and ears slanted. 

"You're so lucky," I mumble, stroking its long, silky hair. "You don't have to make hard decisions and deal with annoying people. All you have to do is wait for someone to pet you."

Cats have always made me feel safe and protected. Don't get me wrong; dogs are great, too. But cats are calmer than dogs, and that helps me with my anxiety attacks. They don't bounce around like dogs do. No, they just ask you to pet them and purr. 

It's calming. 

I stay at the cafe for five minutes until I realize I have to leave. 

"Sorry, pretty kitty. This girl's gotta go take care of an idol." I gently lift the cat off my lap and place it on a cushion. It opens its eyes and yawns, then goes back to sleep. I get my purse and walk out of the cat cafe, my mind calm and open. 

Alright, Jimin. You have my support.  

--------------------

A/N: 

Honestly, I want to visit a cat cafe but I can't find one near my town ;_; 

Cat cafes in America are so scarce smh 

Also, WHAT WAS THAT ENDING JXCITYEJFBFBALPJK IM SORRY I'LL EDIT LATER I LOVE YOU ALL.