Ch. 1 - Job

Hyemi P.O.V 

"I GOT THE JOB!!" I screamed, and ran into my mother's embrace. She hugged me back and we jumped up and down like two girls that just got free tickets to a Got-7 concert. 

"Congrats, honey!" she replied, and stepped back to look at me. "My little girl is all grown up now," sniffing dramatically. I roll my eyes. 

"All those years of hard work at the beauty school wasn't for nothing," I mutter, smiling. 

My mom clapped and true happiness was displayed on her face, letting me know that she was proud of me. "So you're going to a makeup artist for who now?" 

"BigHit, I think." 

"That's wonderful!" 

"Mom, do you even know what type of company BigHit is?" I asked, amused. 

"Uhh... engineering?" she guessed, and I facepalmed. 

"No, but at least you tried..." 

------------

I step into BigHit Entertainment and calmed myself, getting ready for the exciting day ahead. I approach the front desk and gently cleared my throat, getting the clerk's attention. 

"Hello, my name is Hyemi Lee, I'm one of the new makeup artists for BTS..."

The lady glanced up at me and smiled. "Ah, yes. I heard about that. Please wait a second for me to print out your schedule..." 

After a few seconds, she handed me a piece of paper that had my entire day planned out. 

"Before you start, though, the Manager Min would like to speak to you." She looked at my puzzled gaze and laughed. "It's nothing big. He just likes to go over the rules with every employee he hires." 

"Oh," I sigh. "Thank you!" 

I walk to my boss's office, then knock on the wooden door. "Come in," someone says. I open the door to see a middle-aged man sitting on a desk, eyes glued on a piece of paper in front of him. I stand in the doorway until he finally looks up. When he does, he smiles and takes off his glasses, turning to me. 

"Ah, you must be Hyemi Lee, the new makeup artist!" he says brightly. 

I nod and bow respectfully. "Yes, sir." 

He chuckles. "There's no need to bow. Come, sit in the chair in front of me. I want to go over some rules with you." 

I sit down on the chair, nervously playing with my fingers. He takes out a packet from a folder, then puts it on the table. 

"Let's review, shall we?" 

I nod and listen attentively. He puts on his glasses and reads off the paper. 

"This is the contract given to almost all the employees that work here, so there are no exceptions if you break one of the rules. There will be no warnings or strikes. If you violate a rule, you are immediately fired unless there is an unusual situation."

He peers at me. I nod in understanding. He continues. 

"The most of the rules here are pretty normal; call in when you're sick, don't mess with the members, keep your hands to yourself, that kind of thing. But there are certain rules that are different from other jobs, Miss Lee." 

He puts the packet down along with his glasses, suddenly turning very serious. 

"Miss Lee, you are aware that the boys are international stars, yes?" 

I nod.

"You are also aware that they have about 11.6 million fans around the world?" 

I nod again. 

"Because of this, they are not allowed to date. I repeat myself, you cannot date any of the members." His eyes turned hard. "There will be no physical contact between you and any of the members unless it is for makeup applications or something job-related. If you are caught with one of the members, you will be fired immediately and the member will have to suffer consequences. We simply cannot have that."

I gulp, nodding vigorously. "Y-Yes, Manager Min. I completely understand."

Scary.

He softens, smiling. "Of course you do. You seem like a sensible young girl." He glances back at the papers. "I think I covered all the important parts. If you want to read the fine print, you are welcome to take thick packet home and read it tonight," he jokes. 

"No thank you," I murmur, and he laughs. 

"I thought so," he chuckles. "I think you are ready to start your job! You start in a couple minutes; you should hurry back." 

I glance at my watch and notice that he's right. "Thank you for taking time out of your day to talk to me," I say, getting up and bowing. "Goodbye, Manager Min." 

He nods and I step out of his office, shutting the door behind me. Walking to the elevators, I shake my head.

Pfft. Date a member? As if. 

Just then, the elevator door opened and someone rushed out, pushing me to the ground. I yelp, closing my eyes as I hit the ground. 

"Ouch," I muttered, rubbing my wrist. It twisted when I hit the ground, so pain sparked when I moved it. 

"Ah! I'm so sorry miss!" someone cried, kneeling down beside me. 

"No, it's okay," I muttered.

"I'm really sorry! Here, let me help you up." 

The stranger, who was wearing a black hoodie, held out his hand and I finally get a glimpse of his features, my face reddening when I realize who it is. 

Park Jimin