Ch. 3 -Stiff

Hyemi P.O.V 

"Hello Mr. Park, my name is Hyemi Lee. I'm your new makeup artist," I said, dying inside. A mini fan girl had sprouted inside of me and was doing a happy dance in my heart. 

All he did was stare at me. 

The fan girl danced faster. 

"Hyung~" Taehyung said, waving his hands in front of Jimin's eyes. "Earth to Jiminie~" 

There was no response. 

Taehyung smirked and leaned towards Jimin's ear and whispered, "Chim, I know she's hot, but she's getting uncomfortable, so you can stop now." 

I feel my face turn red, hearing his words. Fortunately, Jimin came to life. 

"Huh? What? N-no Tae, that's not the case-" 

"Whatever," Tae interrupted, rolling his eyes. "See you later, hyung." He walked to his own station where he greeted his own stylist. 

I set the brushes down and smile at him. "Do you mind if you turn the chair so you're facing the mirror?" 

He turns, saying nothing. I shrug it off and decide to stay silent, since my job was only to put makeup on him. I squeezed primer on a sponge and started covering his tiny pores. As I worked, his eyes watched my every move, interested in my actions. I noticed that the other members were talking to their makeup artists, laughing and chatting. 

Maybe I should try to talk to him... 

"I'm sorry I bumped into you this morning," Jimin blurted out. "I was in a rush to get coffee and didn't see where I was going."

I smile. "It's okay, Mr. Park. I don't have any injuries."

"Ah, okay." 

There was an awkward silence before Jimin spoke again. 

"Where are you from?" Jimin asks, looking into my eyes. I purposely turn away, getting a different brush. 

His eyes are mesmerizing... 

How am I supposed to work without blushing?! 

"I was born in Daejeon, but my family and I moved to Seoul when I was twelve." 

"When you were twelve," Jimin echoes, making me chuckle. "Interesting. Did you go to beauty school?" 

"Yes, that's why I'm here," I grin. "Here, close your eyes. I'm going to put eyeliner on you." 

He closed his eyelids as I drew on a thin line of eyeliner on them, then smudged the lines a bit to make it look dreamy. 

"You can open them now." 

Jimin opened his eyes again and inspected me as I put the eyeliner away. "Do you have any siblings?" 

I smile, remembering my younger sister. "I have a little sister. Her name is Isabella and she's fifteen. She wants to be a computer engineer." 

"Ah, so she's smart?" 

I laughed. "It depends on her mood. She can be smart when she wants to be." I stare at Jimin's face a bit, wondering if I needed to add anything. But Jimin was so close to perfect that all I needed to to was put on a bit of primer, shadow, and blush. "I think I'm all done here. I'll get your hair stylist." 

Before I had the chance to leave, though, Jimin softly grasped my hand. "Thank you, Hyemi." 

I stood in shock, not knowing what to do. My eyes widened and I pulled my wrist out of Jimin's hand, leaving him confused once again. "No problem, Mr. Park. Anytime." 

I bow and walked away to find Hana, his hair stylist. 

Jimin P.O.V

When Hana started doing my hair, I was still confused. 

Why does she keep pushing my hand away? Is there something wrong with me? 

"Hey, Hana?" 

"Yeah?" 

"You know my new stylist, Hyemi?" I ask. 

She nods. "Yeah, today's her first day. I'm a little surprised that Manager Min let her do your makeup for the photoshoot today. I guess she's really talented." She continues parting my hair, bushing and moving it. "Why do you ask?" 

I shrug. "She seemed really stiff today. This morning when I was going on a coffee run, I accidentally ran into her and knocked her to the ground. I apologized and offered to help her up, but she didn't take my hand. And just now, when she was done, I grasped her hand to thank her and she just pulled away, like I had a contagious disease or something." I frown. "And she keeps calling me Mr. Park." 

Hana stops moving and thinks. "I haven't talked to her much, but she looks social. There's a certain vibe to her that makes me want to approach her and ask if she's enjoying this job as much as I am." She chuckles. "But if she's being formal, it's probably because she sees you as her boss. She's doesn't want to get fired on her first day, you know." 

I nod in understanding. "But noona, I want to be her friend. I want to make her feel comfortable. She looks interesting," I whine.

She shrugs and continues to put hairspray in my hair. "Maybe you intimidate her? Or maybe your cuteness is too much for her." She grins slyly. "You never know..." 

I roll my eyes. "Very funny..." 

Hana steps back and puts her combs away. "I'm done now, Jiminie. Go see Jasmine for your clothes." 

I nod. "Thanks Hana." 

"No problem." 

I walk over to Jasmine, who was smoothing out Jin's shirt. I cough and she looks up, face lighting up when she sees me. "Ah, Jiminie! Your clothes are on that chair over there. Go put them on and come back here so I can check them." 

I nod and take the clothes, changing into them. I sigh, still wondering about Hyemi. I finish changing and stare at myself in the mirror. 

Hopefully we'll be friends by the end of the week.