Ch. 7 - Friends?

Hyemi P.O.V

He grins. "You've got to touch me!" 

Say what now? 

"Ex-excuse me?" I splutter. "What are you trying to say?" 

He keeps grinning. "Touch me, Hyemi." 

I widen my eyes. "B-but the contract said-"

"Screw the contract. Your comfort is too important. You're too uptight and I don't like it." 

I stare at him, not moving. 

Hs gaze suddenly turns hard and it's scary. "Hyemi Lee. Touch. Me." 

Is he insane?! 

I pat his head and snatch my hand back. "T-There. I touched you. Is that what you mean?" 

He nods and smiles. "Yes. That's it." He cocks his head. "Dirty-minded girl." 

I turned red and whip around so that he's facing my back. "Very funny, Jimin..." I mutter. "So I'm your friend now?" 

I turn back to him and he nods. "Yep. Now you can drop the formalities." 

I shrug. "Whatever you want." I finish applying his eyeliner and nudged him out of the chair. "It's almost your turn. Go." 

He waves and me and starts walking away, then stops. He turn to me and with a smile, he says, "Thank you, bestie." 

I roll my eyes and blush. "Stop being cheesy and go already." 

I watch his lean figure walk to the set where Hoseok was finishing up. I groan and mentally remind myself to scream in my pillows that night. 

Suddenly, my phone rings and I grin when I see the caller ID. I pick up. 

"Hey sis." 

"HYEMIIIIIII," Isabella screams, making me wince. "HOW ARE YOU?" 

I laugh. "Calm down, Isabella. I'm fine." I pause. "Except for the fact that I'm calling you at work right now. I might get fired." 

"Oh shoot, I'm sorry," she whispers, as if it would make the situation better. 

"Nah, it's fine. Jimin is getting his pictures taken so I have nothing to do right now." 

I could almost see her eyes widen on the other side of the line. "Park Jimin?! The fluffy mochi ball of cuteness?! You're his makeup artist?

I grin. "You bet I am." 

"WHAT?! CAN I COME OVER THERE AND HAVE YOUR JOB RIGHT NOW? ARE HIS CHEEKS SOFT? IS HIS HAIR REALLY FLUFFY?" She pauses and gasps. "ARE HIS HANDS AS SMALL AS THEY SAY?" 

I could barely contain my laughter. "No, yes, ask Hana, and yes." 

"Who's Hana?" 

"His hair stylist." I roll my eyes. "She kept badgering me with questions this morning about why I'm so formal at work. Kind of a pain in the ass, if you ask me." 

"What does she mean by formal?" Isabella asks, probably petting her stuffed alpaca right now. 

"Well, there was a contract that I signed when I got the job and the manager reviewed the rules with me today. It was kind of scary, to be honest. He was like 'YOU CAN'T DATE THE MEMBERS. NO FLIRTING. NO PHYSICAL CONTACT.'" I shrug. "You know, that kind of stuff." 

I heard my sister groan in disappointment. "Aw, I wanted Jimin to be my brother-in-law someday..." 

I almost choke on my own saliva. "What?!" 

She laughs. "Well, you are working for my favorite boy group, so you might as well go as far as marrying a member one day. It's hard not to fantasize." 

"Pfft. As if. They have a career, Isabella. Plus, I don't think I'm Jimin's type," I laugh. 

"You might be," she says. "You never know." 

I roll my eyes. "Whatever. You go have fun imagining all these impossibilities. I'm going back to work." 

"Does that mean Jimin is back?" she squeals. "Can I talk to him?! Please?" 

"I do more things than put makeup on Jimin," I say dryly. "Grow up already." 

"Okay, okay. But tell him about me, will ya?" 

"Already did."

"Oka- Wait, what?! What did you say? What did yo-" 

"I gotta go now! Love you, bye!" I hang up and smirk. That fan girl was crazy... 

"Hah. Date one of the members? Impossible." I scoff. "Like any of them would want to date me." 

"What about dating us?" 

I looked up and Jimin was back, a smirk on his pale face. 

Crap.

Crappity crap crap crap

I turned red in record time. "N-nothing. You're done?" 

He shakes his head, a grin still on his face. "No. The camera wasn't working so the manager said I can take a break." 

"And you decide to waste your time by sneaking up on me?" I arch an eyebrow. 

He shrugs and plops himself on a chair near me. "I'm not wasting my time. You're my friend, after all."

I internally wince. "Whatever." 

There was a brief moment of silence before Jimin asked, "What were you saying when I walked over?" 

"Hm? Oh, uh, nothing important." I try to change the topic. "My sister called just now." 

"The smart one?" 

I chuckle. "I only have one sister, pabo." 

"How am I supposed to know?" he says defiantly. "I've only known you for five hours!" 

"Point taken," I mutter. 

"Hah. I win," he exclaims gleefully. 

I shoot him a weird look. "There's nothing to win." 

He thought for a moment then snapped his fingers. "I know! Let's have a competition!"

I looked at him curiously. "What kind of competition?" 

"You know how we're going on an international tour next month?" 

I nod. It was partially the reason why I was here. BTS' new album was such a big hit that PD-nim had decided to let them go on an international tour. There wasn't enough staff for the tour so they hired a few people to help them out. "What about it?" 

"Well, I was thinking that during the tour, we could make bets. And whoever is right gets a point. The person with the most points by the end of the tour wins and gets a favor from the loser." 

I raise my eyebrow and cross my arms. "What's the point of this game?" 

He shrugs. "I dunno, I thought it would help you get more comfortable around me. The tour is about three months, so you've got plenty of time." 

I sigh. "Fine. But we have to agree that the favor mustn't interfere with our careers. I don't want to get fired to quickly." 

Jimin grins and holds out his hand. "Deal." 

I shake his hand and almost immediately regretted it. 

What did I just get myself into?